So should I test starting tomorrow? Or should I not? I've promised DH I won't because he is out of town for work this week and gets back beta day (Thursday). BUT I think I deserve the chance to POAS in private. Fertiles get to! They have the opportunity to know before anyone else that they are pregnant - or that they are not.
But I'm scared. Really scared.
What I wouldn't give for a little implantation spotting! I've had cramps/twinges on and off since retrieval but last night into today I got cramps. Feels exactly like AF coming - which I have read can be a good thing but I just don't know how it could be. Every time I wipe I pray for a little pink.
And my BOOBS! I thought my boobs were sore before AF but that is nothing compared to this progesterone pain. I am aware of them at all times - like they are throbbing.
SO. I took a test yesterday just to see if trigger was out and it was - nice and blank, a perfect negative.
IF I was to test when should I? In my heart of hearts I'd like to be strong but my God I am weak! So who knows...if I do and it's negative I'm going to lie and say I didn't. Cause that's how I roll - what I pee on is my business.
But I'm scared. Really scared.
What I wouldn't give for a little implantation spotting! I've had cramps/twinges on and off since retrieval but last night into today I got cramps. Feels exactly like AF coming - which I have read can be a good thing but I just don't know how it could be. Every time I wipe I pray for a little pink.
And my BOOBS! I thought my boobs were sore before AF but that is nothing compared to this progesterone pain. I am aware of them at all times - like they are throbbing.
SO. I took a test yesterday just to see if trigger was out and it was - nice and blank, a perfect negative.
IF I was to test when should I? In my heart of hearts I'd like to be strong but my God I am weak! So who knows...if I do and it's negative I'm going to lie and say I didn't. Cause that's how I roll - what I pee on is my business.

Ugh....to pee or not to pee, that is the question! I'd say...do what you are comfortable with. Just know that if it is negative, you CAN'T get upset, because that usually means it is just too early. I'm going through the same thing right now, so I completely understand!!
ReplyDeleteI would say, don't do it! Step away from the pee stick! ;) I've read people who say they got a negative hpt even up to the day of their Beta. So it would be grief for nothing. But I know how hard it is to wait!!
ReplyDeleteAll that being said, if you do test tomorrow, I'm praying for a positive for you!
Hoping for your positive. I'm totally a POAS girl... I would say do what will help you to feel the most relaxed.
ReplyDeleteI did the POAS before our betas for the IUI's, they were both negative as were the betas. (well, the first was a cp, so the beta was just really tiny and then disappeared, but never would have registered in a hpt)
ReplyDeleteFor the ivf, we were getting our beta so early -at 11 day post retrieval, and I guess I just felt okay waiting. As it turns out my first betas were so low that a hpt would have registered negative until days after we got the new from the dr. I think it might have been unnecessary emotional turmoil for nothing.
I guess that I'm just saying that it was best for us not to test before the beta... However I can't tell you how many stories there are of positive hpt before beta. You know, you've read them all too!
I think you want to test, I can feel it in your post. I would trust your instincts and go with it. You know your body best, and you know your emotions best. If its positive, how/when will you tell dh?
hehe - It doesn't escape me that what we want can change so drastically from one week to the next. While you are praying for some pink when you wipe, I am praying that there isn't any pink when I wipe!
I want this so much for you Marianne. sending lots of love.
Do whatever you think will make you feel better. I'm a poasaholic so I'd probably check everyday, lol. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHard to say... but I certainly agree with Krista - if you get a negative, it just might be too early, so keep up hope. Thinking of you lots on the home stretch xoxo
ReplyDeletehey, new to your blog....if you check mine out you will see I am a POASer. I started on 5dp5dt and got a slight positive. I was pregnant with twins so I had a very high HCG.
ReplyDelete....cant wiat to find out.
I was a wait til beta girl. I wanted to feel pregnant as long as possible in case it was negative. That way, at least I got those 9 days or whatever of believing I was KU. That's me, though...Hoping for the best!
ReplyDelete