The embryologist just called....and ALL 10 are dividing and cleaving normally, between 2 and 4 cells which is right where they should be 48 hours after retrieval. So yay!!!!
Still on track for day 5 transfer on Tuesday.
I have tried to find a site that says what percentage of embryos usually stop dividing/growing leading up to day 5 but can't find anything...I just want to prepare myself! My goal is to have 2 to transfer and 2 to freeze - is that too lofty of a goal?
Ok, back to bed for me :)

Yay!! That's WONDERFUL news!!! I think that is a very good expectation!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like they are doing good. And I would think 2 and 2 is a reasonable expectation.
ReplyDeleteThis is going very well ! I think you have extremely realistic goals and I can see that happening easily.
ReplyDeleteLovely report! I like it Very Very Much!
ReplyDeleteSo we were told that we'd lose about half at each step. ie Retrieve 20 eggs, fertilize 10, and have 5 progress to transfer/freeze. Just a general rule of thumb. and while I wanted lots and lots to freeze, I actually feel really lucky that we had two make it. and seriously, the one that really matters is growing in my belly as we speak!!! (I still can't believe it!)
I hope that you are feeling better every day! take care.
WOO HOO!!!! Great news!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great report!!! I think 2 and 2 is perfectly reasonable... I hope you end up with more! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great report!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! We retrieved 12 eggs, 10 were mature, 6 fertilized, 2 were transferred at 3 days, and we had 2 frozen at 6 days...I'd say your goal is more than realistic! :D
ReplyDelete