Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pulled the trigger

Well now reading all of your comments I am not sure I did the right thing..but I triggered.  And I didn't call the after hours number.  I mean the doctor knows my follie count and knows my E2 level...he wouldn't have had the nurse call me and tell me to trigger if it wasn't a good idea, right??

My abdomen is so full!  Sitting on the toilet hurts, rolling over hurts, my stupid cat jumping on it over and over again hurts.  I better get a lot of eggs out of this!

I can think of 3 worst case scenarios -
a. all embryos frozen (if this happens I will be ok mentally, may or may not prevent mod to severe OHSS.) b. transfer as scheduled with no preg and severe OHSS
c. transfer as scheduled with pregnancy confirmed and even worse OHSS

For those of you that have dealt with this - how will they decide to transfer or not?  Ultrasound between ER and ET to look for accumulations of fluid? Repeat e2 level?  How I feel?

9 comments:

  1. I had OHSS (borderline severe) and they gave me medication to prevent me from getting worse. I started it immediately after my ER. They'll probably do an U/S and also ask how you feel, but they told me if my swelling didn't go down a few days after ER, that they might decide to cancel. It never happened, but honestly I had more success with my FETs than with my fresh transfers. I don't know if it had anything to do with OHSS, but it may have. Best Wishes, you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea because I didn't have OHSS, but praying for you to NOT have it and that your little eggs are getting nice and ready to come on out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I must have missed a post. I really hope you don't have to deal with ohss. I think I had a slight case of it last time, uncomfortable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel as though the doc would havesaid something if they really thought there was serious danger. That being said I bet they keep a very close eye on you. Drink loads of gatorade and water after retrieval and tell them if you are at all concerned! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They would call if they had any concerns... but I know how hard it is to trust that they're doing the right thing. Whenever I thought things weren't going right, I would just have to take a deep breath and remind myself that I'm paying them big bucks to do the worrying for me (well some of the worrying anyway). Fingers crossed for you as you head towards the retrieval xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you don't end up with OHSS, it sounds very very unpleasant. I hope things are going well right now and I wish I could give you some advice, but I have no experience, so, all I can send you way are well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had borderline OHSS and it sucked. Luckily I was still able to proceed with my transfer.

    As far as your question regarding how to decide - at my clinic the Dr made that decision for you. I wish you all of the best luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How are you doing? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big Day Tomorrow! I am thinking lots of good thoughts for you and can't wait for an update!

    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete