Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lupron day 5 - and a call from the actual RE!

I took everyone's advice and called the RE's office yesterday and left a message asking about the radiation exposure from the CT.  I said, "The ER doc said it should definitely not affect the eggs for this cycle but I just wanted to make sure you guys agree."  Today I wake up to a message from Dr. Alan - "Yeah this is Dr. Alan.  Please call me when you get this message, I disagree with the ER doc."  Cue panic!!!!  Are we cancelling?  How long til I can cycle??

He calls me back 10 minutes later and he had misunderstood - he says we are completely fine and ready to go.  He had thought the ER doc said the eggs WOULD BE affected. Wow - thanks for 10 minutes of craziness doc!

Yesterday was the last bcp - YAY!  Lupron still going well.  I have a baseline u/s Thursday then stims start Friday.  Things are moving so quickly...for once!

Thanks again for everyone's support.  I don't know what I'd do without this community.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, give me a heart attack! Was so glad when I read that he'd misunderstood! whew! Yay for moving on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'm glad things are moving forward! Yay for starting stims this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See - even with the communication glitch you feel better overall for having asked, right? The last BCP is absolutely worth a celebration, and stims are right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know that the tests you had to have run won't effect your cycle. I know that would have been majorly upsetting.
    Yay for the last BCP. Once the stims start, time will really start flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just saw your note on my post and wanted to say hello and thank you.
    Good luck with everything, and I'm so glad things are moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally catching up! I'm so sorry the start of your cycle has been so rough, but it sounds like things are settling down, and soon you will be growing eggs like mad! Thinking of you and wishing you all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Onward! Good luck tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! I know you were panicked! Thinking good thoughts for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great news, can't wait to hear the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad things are finally moving along for you! And you should pinch the RE for that little scare.

    ReplyDelete