First of all, congrats Foxy! I love you girl!
So my day yesterday was a doozy. First of all, my meds came :
I took my first Lupron injection and it was fine. Everything is organized, right down to my Believe card for inspiration :)
Here was the sucky part of my day...I have had abdominal pain all week which I thought was cramping from the saline sonogram. Well yesterday I realized I had some pretty serious bowel backing up type problems. I don't want to go into detail but it was like a battle field in my bathroom. Home remedies didn't help. I called the RE and he said it wouldn't be caused from my meds, he had no idea what was going on. I called my primary doc and she told me to go to the ER. 3 enemas, a cat scan, blood work and iv zofran and I have a possible diagnosis of IBS. The ER doc thought it might have been triggered from the hormonal changes from the pill. All of this sucks but whatever, the problem is I still have barely gone...just a little in the ER. I am waiting for CVS to open so I can get filled the Go-Lytley to empty out my colon-it's supposed to be god-awful so this weekend is just gonna bite the big one. I had to call in last night and for tonight which just sucks, I am using up vacation days left and right.
Wish me luck!
Has anyone else heard of BCP causing this?
Med schedule as of yesterday:
Baby Aspirin
Prenatal
BCP
Lupron 10 units subq
Zofran 4 mg PRN

That sounds truly awful. I hope your weekend isn't too bad, and you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, I'm sorry :( I can relate - although I get what sounds like the opposite: I can't STOP going. It's technically IBS and can be controlled by monitoring what I eat, but it really only flares up in times of extreme stress, or when I am on hormones. When I was on Clomid, oh man. I couldn't handle the heartburn and poo. It was terrible. Actually looking back, I did get constipated on that, too. It kind of was bipolar. Stop/start/stop/start. HAHA. There's a very good chance it could be the BCP, or stress, or a legit diagnosis. I'm sorry you're dealing with this on top of IVF!!!!
ReplyDeleteOOh - I hope you get the back up cleared up soon. as far as I know Go-Lytely should definitely do the trick. I don't know about the BCP being an issue, but I know of several other bloggers who discovered that their treatments we're really backing them up. Congrats on Starting your meds. I'll be keeping my eye out.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of any of those meds causing constipation or IBS issues. Bless your heart! Yes, the go-lytely will definitely work. As my favorite nursing instructor always said, "go-lytely does not go lightly!" But it should definitely give you some relief!
ReplyDeleteOh Crap! No Seriously, that sucks! I will be hoping that you are able to get everything back under control without too much more pain and discomfort. It must have been just awful to land you in the ER. Yuk.
ReplyDeleteI think that there is something about these drugs that messes with our system. I've had to go almost every time I use the restroom for weeks now. It is moving for sure, but in a very not normal kind of way.
What a big exciting box of medicine! Yeahhh! and I love that the believe card gets to hang with all those wonderful drugs and remind them why they are at your house!
Oh yes, and Thank you so much for the shout out! I feel so much love coming at us right now. It is really still so unreal.
ReplyDelete