Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trigger tonight, fears of OHSS

SO my appt this am.  First she said my uterus looks "gorgeous".  She then started to read off measurements on the right and said 14, 15, 18, 16 then basically stopped reading them.  Went to the left and looked at SEVERAL follicles and didn't give me any measurements.  When she was done I asked her how everything was and she said it was great, that I had at least 15 on each side that were good size.  30 follicles.  WOW.

She just called and said my estradiol is 6,090.  The ass that I am I was half asleep and asked almost no questions.  I have called hem back and left a message but since they close about now it doesn't look like I'm getting an answer tonight.  So I guess I will go ahead with trigger with ovidrel at 9pm?

Google scares me.

What should I do?????  The nurse literally has told me not one thing about OHSS.  If the internet didn't exist I would just be on cloud nine thinking about possibly getting more than 10 eggs (which has always been my goal).  Instead I am terrified.

Retrieval scheduled Thursday at 7:15am.

7 comments:

  1. Do they have an after hours line you can call? My clinic has a pager. If they do, call and explain your fears.

    And wow, 30! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30! That's awesome! I would call their after hours number and see what they say. Dr. Google is always scary=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! 30?!?!?!? My clinic is shooting for 10-12, which makes me a little nervous. That seems low. I agree with the other ladies... I'd call in to after hours and let them know your fears...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO!! Early appointments are never a good idea. I'm always in a daze and just go through the motions without being focused. Unfortunately I can't help you with this and it's never a good idea to Google something like this. Google is amazing but sometimes it just scares me as you said. Let us know how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely call your clinics after hours number. OHSS is no joke!! I had it mildly and it sucked. I had 38 eggs retrieved and my estradiol was 4,000 at the time of my trigger shot. Everyone's body is different but I would express your concerns tonight before you do your trigger just to put your mind at ease. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did they just tell you to continue with your trigger? Hm.......my E2 was well over 4000 on the day I triggered and I ended up with severe OHSS. HOWEVER....I had 60+ follicles and they retrieved 50 eggs!!! So, you might be okay. They gave me a drug called cabergoline to keep the OHSS symptoms at bay. It seems like if they had concerns that they would have told you not to trigger though....hopefully you can get in touch with someone before you trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30 is quite a few and 6000 is very high. Hope you were able to contact your clinic, but what would you do if you didn't trigger? You E2 is already high. Seems like you need to get the eggs out no matter what. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete