Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stims Day 8

I need everyone's opinion about my monitoring appt this am - the nurse says all is well but I am kinda scared!

Right - 9.9, 9.7, 9.9, "3 others about the same"
Left - 16.2, 12.7, 12.2, 14.8, 3 smaller

Lining 10
Estradiol 1480 (!)

Now 3 days prior my estradiol was 202 - I read that it is supposed to double approx every 48 hours?  So I was hoping for 600-800...is 1480 too high right now?  Also, are my follicles too varying in sizes?

When the nurse called with my estradiol result she said, "Dr Alan said you don't need to come in Monday, he wants to see you Tuesday instead. Continue the Bravelle at 300 and Menopur at 75 with 3 of Lupron for tonight, Sunday night and Monday night.".  Hmm...so by Tuesday will my number be over 4000?  Also they said they thought egg retrieval would be Wed or Thursday...and the trigger shot is given like 33 hours prior, right?  Well I obviously won't be giving it to myself before Tuesday morning since there is no more monitoring until then.  I guess they are thinking trigger Tues night and retrieval Thurs morn?

I was at lunch when the nurse called, I was so blown by the estradiol result that I didn't ask enough questions.  Is this ok?

I'm really not freaking out - very happy things are progressing I just am afraid of getting OHSS or over maturing the eggs.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry that I can't help out... they don't seem to monitor estradiol level at my clinic - or maybe it's part of the blood tests but they don't worry us with the results (I'd prefer to know)... so means that I'm no good at interpreting results. Maybe ring back and ask them to explain more - that's what you're paying the big money for :)) Thinking of you this week for your ER xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I had some advice for you, but I don't. I don't know much about estradiol levels either. I hope someone answers soon though! Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know sometimes they let a couple big ones go when there are a bunch of smaller ones maturing at the same rate. Sounds like that is what is happening here. As for E2, I can't remember my levels...I would have to go back and check. But I will say this...the docs know what they are doing (knock on wood), so trust them and see where it takes you! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I can't help you either! I would call them back and tell them your concerns... that is what they are there for! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My clinic wanted to have the lead follicles at 20mm before trigger. Also don't want to have e2 too high to avoid ohss. I think the magic number was around 4000. They reduce Stims if e2 is rising too quickly. But your numbers seem right on for you day of stimulation. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete