I got a ct of my abdomen with IV contrast to rule out appendicitis on friday. That won't affect my eggs for this cycle, will it?? The ER dr said, "Of course we try to limit radiation to young women's ovaries but this won't affect your IVF cycle at all." Now I don't know if I believe him. I did a google search and got pretty much nothing...except a link to a fertility forum where the ladies were all worried about getting scans months before IVF and all assured each other that as long as it wasn't during their IVF cycle it would be ok. Hmm. Any thoughts?
I feel like everything I do just fucks this cycle up. I didn't refrigerate the lupron after opening it, I got a ct with contrast, I haven't been able to kick my one diet coke a day habit (but I did give up the crack. lol).
I just know if this doesn't work I will blame myself.
Also I read through several blogs today and I guess I was naive, I didn't know how many cycles get cancelled, either before retrieval or before transfer. As devestating as a bfn will be not doing anything is just absolutely terrifying.
In my heart of hearts I just don't know if I am cut out for this craziness. I feel like a wimp.

I think on a failed cycle we will always question what we could have done differently; No matter if we did everything perfectly. So don't be so hard on yourself!
ReplyDeleteAs for the scan, I don't know what effects, if any, it will have on your IVF cycle. I do know the contrast leaves your body pretty quickly.
Hang in there!!!
I agree with Leigh--a failed cycle will cause you to question everything. With my first three failed/cancelled cycles, I questioned the fact that I was running every day. The next year (after I stopped running due to said questioning) I questioned if I had gained too much weight and was too fat for my cycle. Praying you have some peace...and, of course, a BFP!
ReplyDeleteI think the worries are normal, although if you're really worried, call tyour dr.'s office. That's what you're paying them lots and lots of money for... their expertise at knocking people up. This means that if you're worried or have a question, call them. they'll be able to tell you. (I'm pretty sure that my nurse knows that this is my philosophy. I think I called her 3-4 times with random questions....before my cycle began.)
ReplyDeleteI agree with the other posters, your worries are normal. So much of this isn't in our control, so we analyze every little detail and constantly worry. It never gets any easier. I would call your RE and ask them about the radiation and see what they think. I wish you all the best!
ReplyDeleteHaving never done IVF, I don't know what to tell you about your worries, except that I know it's normal worry about every little thing. I do want to tell you not to worry about the one diet coke a day. I was determined to give up my one diet dr pepper a day for my first IUI, until a relative pointed out that it's pretty much my comfort food, and giving it up was stressing me out. One a day won't hurt anything! :)
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for stopping by my blog. Just wanted to offer you a virtual hug. Hang in there...
ReplyDelete