I had my sonohysterogram and injections class today. Dr Alan talked me off of the ledge...he said that we would look at my ovaries and see how many follicles I had now and that would be more telling about my egg reserve than the one low FSH. My right ovary had 8 follicles, the left ovary was hard to see (so how in the hell will we see it later to retrieve?) but he thought he saw several follicles on it as well. So for now I'm calmed down.
The actual test was fine. My cervix never really likes a catheter pushed through it so that part hurt but the rest was easy. Uterus looked good.
He wrote me a script for Zofran which I'm pumped about! Hopefully goodbye nausea!
The nurses faxed my med order into Walgreens Specialty Pharm. They gave me 2 sample boxes of Bravelle (saving us about $550 I believe) and one sample box of endometrium suppositories.
So the IVF schedule is (stop reading if you're bored, I just want to be able to reference this later):
April 1 - start Lupron 10 units daily. Continue BCP, aspirin and multivitamin.
April 4 - last BCP (continue aspirin and prenatal indefinitely)
April 7 - baseline u/s / labs
April 9 - start stims - Bravelle 300+Menopur 75 daily. Lupron down to 3 units daily
April 13 - u/s /labs - possibly alter stims
April 16 - u/s /labs - possible alter stims (note to self, Lupron 3 units continues along with stims, last stim is last Lupron shot)
April 18 -u/s / labs - possible trigger shot in pm
April 20 - possible egg retrieval
April 23 - possible 3 day transfer
April 25 - possible 5 day transfer
May 4 - possible beta (will be 14 days after egg retrieval)
My oh my I'm excited again. Walgreens is supposed to call me back this afternoon with details. DH has a friend who lives out of state who has 2 vials of menopur she wants to give us...awaiting her email back to us to make sure it is the right dose and not expired, that may save us another $150.
Thanks for listening to my crazy rants!
The actual test was fine. My cervix never really likes a catheter pushed through it so that part hurt but the rest was easy. Uterus looked good.
He wrote me a script for Zofran which I'm pumped about! Hopefully goodbye nausea!
The nurses faxed my med order into Walgreens Specialty Pharm. They gave me 2 sample boxes of Bravelle (saving us about $550 I believe) and one sample box of endometrium suppositories.
So the IVF schedule is (stop reading if you're bored, I just want to be able to reference this later):
April 1 - start Lupron 10 units daily. Continue BCP, aspirin and multivitamin.
April 4 - last BCP (continue aspirin and prenatal indefinitely)
April 7 - baseline u/s / labs
April 9 - start stims - Bravelle 300+Menopur 75 daily. Lupron down to 3 units daily
April 13 - u/s /labs - possibly alter stims
April 16 - u/s /labs - possible alter stims (note to self, Lupron 3 units continues along with stims, last stim is last Lupron shot)
April 18 -u/s / labs - possible trigger shot in pm
April 20 - possible egg retrieval
April 23 - possible 3 day transfer
April 25 - possible 5 day transfer
May 4 - possible beta (will be 14 days after egg retrieval)
My oh my I'm excited again. Walgreens is supposed to call me back this afternoon with details. DH has a friend who lives out of state who has 2 vials of menopur she wants to give us...awaiting her email back to us to make sure it is the right dose and not expired, that may save us another $150.
Thanks for listening to my crazy rants!

Glad today is a better day for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Very exciting to hear about!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo! you're only going to be a couple of days behind me (my possible retrieval is the 17th, and beta the 1st.) Best of luck, and ride the excitement!
ReplyDeleteE-mail me... I may have a coupon you can use too... mmm_28@yahoo.com :]
ReplyDeleteSamples of bravelle? Hot damn your lucky!! So great to have a calendar, it will all be happening so fast. GL!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job on the sono! Good luck with this cycle!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog with words of support. It means a lot when readers thatvI don't really "know" are willing to lift me up.
ReplyDeleteI'll be cheering you on fir your upcoming transfer. So very exciting!
Http://funnylittlepollywogs.com
Yay for getting started on this cycle! Sending you good vibes!!
ReplyDelete