Our appt is less than 24 hours away! I am nervous but in a good way....to finally be making a plan, even if that plan may not come to fruition for several months, means so much to me. I have spent soooo much of this process on the sidelines, rooting others on, crying or celebrating at the end of cycles, and blogging about WAITING. The most frustrating thing has been that most of this waiting period has been without a plan...or with a plan that is ripped out from under me.
Think about it, I feel like this big shot experienced infertile just because it has been going on for 2 years...but I have never had a 'real' cycle that stood a chance! Of course I didn't know this the first year when I was charting, doing OPKs, lying with my feet up for an hour, etc.
BTW, we got our income tax refund back yesterday and it was waaaay more than we thought...good timing!
So any last minute advice??? We are definitely leaning towards a 3 cycle plus insurance plan dealio. We just need more info on that. The one definite downside though is if for some reason we feel that the clinic/dr isn't for us we are stuck there.
Here is an interesting article I came across...increased implantation rates by 40%!!!!
http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/content.php/687-New-IVF-Media-Claims-to-Increase-Implantation-Rates-by-40-percent
Wish me luck!

If we could afford it, the 3 cycle plan was the way I'd want to go. Less pressure and I think its nice to have a "longer term" plan. IF is such a day-to-day battle - so the ability to know what will happend if this happens vs. that is very empowering :) Best of luck for your appointment!
ReplyDelete