Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

BCP day 2

So I have a horrible headache this evening.  Do you all think it is from 2 days of BCP?  I have been on the pill 2 different times in my life, both times I was so nauseated I went off of them so I was expecting that.  But this headache sucks...plus what should I take for it?  Tylenol?  Motrin?

Hmm...I also wonder if my decreased caffeine is responsible.  I am a recovering diet coke addict...I used to have like 6 a day.  A few months ago I cut back to about 3 a day, starting last week I am down to 1 a day. Do you think one serving of caffeine with everyone's favorite cancer causer aspartame is okay through this process??

I am still so hopeful.  So far, so good.  Thanks for all of the support guys!

6 comments:

  1. The headaches are no fun! Hang in there.

    And thanks for stopping by my blog. It's good that there are so many of us to support each other!

    Joey
    http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get bad headaches on BCPs. My doctor gave me prescription strength Ad.vil to deal with them. And I am sure that your decreased caffeine intake is to blame as well!

    I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your fine with one diet coke per day, my RE said one cup of coffee was fine. Sorry about the headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think the decrease in caffeine is a big culprit with your headaches. But it should taper off as your body gets used to it. Hope it's sooner, rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I stopped drinking caffeine, I had severe migraines and vertigo. I even threw up a couple of times! It's amazing what caffeine can do to your body. That being said, BCP also gives me headaches so it could really be either :)

    We're going to be only a few weeks apart in IVF cycles so that is exciting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have caffeine. It's all about moderation. One per day shouldn't hurt. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete