FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.
I'm so upset right now. I just emailed DH and just lost it. If this cycle doesn't work I am done. DONE.
I'm so upset right now. I just emailed DH and just lost it. If this cycle doesn't work I am done. DONE.

Hi! I've just been reading through some of your recent posts. My FSH has been 6, 10, and 8 so you could probably get a different number next month! I wouldn't worry about it as they will be figuring out a med protocol and monitoring to see what works best for you. My cycle was about one day off from the original calendar because I had to do stims one extra day...still it was close. I did the injections around 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and after I got used to them, I did them at work... at the RE...even in a restroom once. What I learned is to get through each "hurdle" and be proud of it... getting the meds in, figuring them out, the first shot, the follie checks/blood work, the trigger, etc. Every cycle is different and mine had ups and downs along the way but I'm here in the 2WW and before you know it, you'll be at the same place. Good Luck!!!
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteThe "new" way to measure ovarian reserve is running your AMH (anti mullerian hormone). Apparently it is a better indicator than FSH. My FSH was decent and for some reason they ran my AMH which turned out really crappy (0.8) I'm 29. I'd ask your doc to do the AMH and not worry until then. ALSO even with a poor AMH - it DOES NOT mean you cannot get pregnant. My doctor freaked me out saying I was on the edge of menopause. I'm pregnant now. So regardless of the results - know that anything is possible.