Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spotting help!

So yesterday I started spotting - it was light pink/grayish when I wiped. Then last night I had two episodes of light brown on my panty liner.  Last night and this morning after I inserted the endometrin there was light red/brown on the applicator when I removed it.

Cramps are pretty much the same they have been on and off since retrieval - like light AF cramps.

My reading and talking with friends has educated me that a.) endometrin vaginal suppositories can cause cervical irritation, capillary breakage and spotting and that b.) IVF pregnancies in general are notorious for spotting, especially when more than one embryo was transferred.

So rationally I know that everything is probably fine...but I HATE IT!

Also I don't feel like the 2nd lines of the First Response pregnancy tests I have been taking are getting darker enough - I mean they are definitely darker day to day but not as much as I thought they'd be.

Digital Clearblue today said pregnant - and according to peeonastick.com it registers for bhcg greater than 50.  So I think the level must be going up?

My official beta with the RE is tomorrow morning.  Oh God I hope it has gone up sufficiently. Please!

9 comments:

  1. Thinking of you!!! Hang in there! Praying for good news tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right--endometrin can cause irritation and spotting! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there I just found your blog through Baby Hopes' blog....Huge congratulations on your Positive!
    I just recently got a positive from our first IVF cycle also,and we are also dealing with Male Infertility. I had spotting too and I know it's very scary!I was assured that it's very common and it did disappear but I can understand how you're feeling!Hang in there and wishing all the best of luck for your next beta! Ants :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, with IVF and the meds you are taking spotting is a lot more common. I wish you all the best with your beta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any experience with the suppositories, but if its considered "normal" to spot without them, I'd think what's happening for you is completely normal.
    (but it still sucks - I HATED spotting! Totally freaked me out.)

    Hoping for a wonderful number tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you got that beta done! Way to advocate for what you need :)

    I can empathize with the fear associated with spotting, It is the worst. There was one point, when we had a pantyliner full of red blood that I was sure it was over. Deep breaths and knowing that you are doing everything in your power to love and care for this life, well, that was all I could cling to. Oh, and I'd convinced myself that staying off my feet would somehow make a difference, not sure that you can do that working in an ER!

    Hang in there dear friend.

    ohhh, and remember that sometime different beta machines can get different results, so while it is fantastic that you have a baseline beta, I'm not sure that you can rely 100% on the difference between the two betas from different sources. I might be making that up, but feel like I must have read that somewhere along the way.

    love to you and babe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog...praying for you! I hear spotting is very common. Keep calm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spotting is so scary... but so common unfortunately :( Thinking of you for your beta tomorrow - registering a beta over 50 is definitely a good sign :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete