Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Again I got a bonus beta

So at work tonight (have I mentioned it is very very nice to work in an ER at times like these?) I just had to have another beta drawn because..

a.) tannish light spotting continues and I DON'T LIKE IT (I had one episode where I felt a GUSH, on my liner it was literally tan/skin color and milky - obviously suppository and mixed with old blood?)
b.) Foxy brought up a good point that different labs calibrate things differently and I just know if my beta at Dr Alan's office today shows my beta didn't double I will absolutely go crazy wondering if it is just the differences in laba.

So - 9dp5dt beta is 75.  Doubling time of 43.44 hours.

This is good, right?  Even though it doubled it seems low on the betabase chart.  Also it seems like lots of folks get a good increase, like 28% or whatnot.  I really thought I'd feel better with a double but I'm still scared.

I need to just shut the fuck up and revel in doubling betas.  I am annoying even myself..but if you can't tell I am just a tad bit paranoid. Please tell me to stop worrying and that I should be happy!

Now to see what another lab says my beta is exactly 6 hours after my last one.  Heehee

Edited to add: 2 hours later I have calmed down and am trying to realize that worrying won't help anything.  What will be will be and I might as well enjoy this pregnancy!  So I am offically 4wks 0 days pregnant and extremely grateful.  I am leaving up what I wrote at 3 am in the heat of the moment because I want this blog to truly document what we've gone through.

8 comments:

  1. Lady...I get it. I'm actually jealous that you have beta testing at your disposal!! LOL

    Just a few short years ago i had no idea what any of these terms and scenarios were. I knew people sometimes got pregnant sometimes did not. Sometimes had m/c sometimes did not. I had ZERO concept of betas and chemicals pregnancies and what not. Ignorance was BLISS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the beta!!
    We will always find something to stress about - my numbers started quite high, but barely doubled in 72 hours - so of course I was super worried. Everything is fine though. I was also told that the ultrasound is the most accurate indicator, beta numbers are not an exact science.
    Try to enjoy this (but I know its not easy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as it is doubling I think you are fine! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I love this dr friend of yours! It must have been pretty cool for them to be able to help you out like this! At the same time, I wish there was some way that you could shove this in your RE's face, since his staff were so rude and unaccomodating. Like when they call with the results, and you say no duh dickweed!!!

    So, I just looked back at my first betas, which were much much lower than yours, and they were doubling at a faster rate. I'd always been told that doubling is what matters, and Girl, You'e got a doubling beta!!!

    Oh the fear, this is one really intense experience, and I think it is only normal that there is some fear involved. There are a LOT of emotions involved. Everyone told me, oh when you see the ultrasound then you'll feel better, oh when you see the heartbeat then you'll feel better, now they are saying oh when you feel him kick then you'll feel better. Phooey, I think that until I am holding this baby in my arms I am not going to rely believe that it is real and actually happening for us. ... and then there will be a whole new set of worries!

    Love this moment, Move this day. and give your husband a great big hug!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep breath and relax! You are gonna be okay! Lots of hugs and love and prayers coming your way Miss Preggo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave you an award. :-) Enjoy!

    Joey
    http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doubling beta is great... your anxiety is completely understandable and I will be just the same. Look after yourself and relax as much as you can. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. New to your blog but just needed a little hope during my 2ww. CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete