Leave him a message saying you got exposed to Fif.ths Disease! Fun times!
Here is what the CDC has to say -
Parvovirus B19 Infection and Pregnancy
Usually, there is no serious complication for a pregnant woman or her baby because of exposure to a person with fifth disease. About 50% of women are already immune to parvovirus B19, and these women and their babies are protected from infection and illness. Even if a woman is susceptible and gets infected with parvovirus B19, she usually experiences only a mild illness. Likewise, her unborn baby usually does not have any problems attributable to parvovirus B19 infection.
Sometimes, however, parvovirus B19 infection will cause the unborn baby to have severe anemia and the woman may have a miscarriage. This occurs in less than 5% of all pregnant women who are infected with parvovirus B19 and occurs more commonly during the first half of pregnancy. There is no evidence that parvovirus B19 infection causes birth defects or mental retardation.
So basically it is probably not a big deal but just one of those things that I'd rather not deal with. I work in an ER so hopefully I have already been exposed and have immunity. I got some blood drawn today to check my immunity. If I'm not immune then we will recheck later to see if I got infected.
In other news, FIVE days til u/s. Has anyone else noticed time dddrrraaagggiiinnnggg???
Tomorrow I am 6 weeks - for some reason that seems more real. :)

Sorry that you're having to deal with this stress... but you must have been exposed to it in ER at some stage in the past. Hope the next 5 days pass quickly :)) Love always xoxo
ReplyDeleteEEEEK! I hope and pray that you and the baby are ok! Seriously...when you're waiting for an ultrasound, time seems to stop. But maybe your RE will have you come in today for an ultrasound...you know...just to make sure everything is ok? :)
ReplyDeleteI hope it comes back that you are immune, better safe than sorry! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!
ReplyDelete