Pipsqueak slept ok last night but I didn't...well she slept a good amount just not at the hours I had hoped for. 6:10pm-4:20am. With just small fussing that didn't require intervention in between. I, however was miserable. I slept 8pm-12am and then had nightmares/panic attacks/restless leg/something. I kept just falling asleep and then hearing her cry or imagining her falling out of her crib. I finally woke my husband up at 2 and told him if I didn't get some sleep I was going to have to be admitted to the psych ward. So he sent me to the guest room. When she woke for the day at 4:20 (man 4:20 used to mean something way more fun...) he woke me up. We laid in the guest room nursing. When I went to flip her over my hand touched poo. Major blow out all over the bed. At this point I laughed.
She then napped from 6:15-7am. Just long enough for me to fantasize about napping.
So how do I get her to sleep later in the morning? Keeping her up later doesn't seem to help at all....although we have only kept her up until 8pm here and there, not on consecutive nights. Any ideas?
She then napped from 6:15-7am. Just long enough for me to fantasize about napping.
So how do I get her to sleep later in the morning? Keeping her up later doesn't seem to help at all....although we have only kept her up until 8pm here and there, not on consecutive nights. Any ideas?

Grrrr... I am currently dealing with this. A sleeps from 7 or 8pm to 4:30 or 5:00am. Every night. I have tried EVERYTHING.
ReplyDeleteSigh
I have just accepted that this is his schedule instead of fighting it. He wins this fight.
Oh, by the way, dark circles under the eyes are in style this season. I have decided this.
Ugg so sorry you are dealing with the lack of sleep and early waking. I wish I had some advice, but unfortunately, I don't think I do. When Alidia was younger we tried a few different night times and it didn't really seem to make a difference whether she went to bed at 7pm, 8pm, 10pm, whatever it might be... her morning wake up was usually around the same. Maybe try a slightly later bedtime but not so late that she is overtired. And I would say making sure it is dark where she is sleeping, even after sunrise, but it sounds like she is up even before sunrise? Sorry I can't be more help. Hopefully it will get better soon! :)
ReplyDeleteFrom the very beginning I would treat her weaking up at 4 am as it was still middle of the night (in a way it is...) so I would keep the room dark, feed her and put her back to bed. I didn't interact with her much, didn't play or respond to her trying to be cute. It took a while but she got it and went back to sleep. Eventually she stopped waking up at all. She is now almost 14 months and sleeps 12-13 hours straight (usually 7:30pm-7/8am).
ReplyDelete