Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ramblings

First snowfall yesterday!  Pipsqueak loved it (I know this because the good mother that I am I took her out in it dressed in only pjs and danced around).

Thanksgiving was awesome - my family came here and we ate, drank, watched movies and played Wii all weekend.

TEETHING has recommenced.  That pic of her ghost teeth should have been a big flashing neon sign saying "OMG IT'S ABOUT TO GET SO BAD".  She is fussy, clingy and sleeping poorly.  She had been doing 12+hours in her crib at night - not now.  2 nights ago was the worst - she slept 7pm-12am then cried.  I could see she was still lying down and crying quietly so I let her fuss on and off for about 45 mins then got her.  I nursed her, rocked her, and put her back down.  45 mins later she was SCREAMING.  I was so tired by this point that I brought her to bed with me and she nursed on and off til morning.  Ahh the good old days.  Last night she slept 6pm-3am straight without fussing which was a huge improvement - BUT then was screaming so I nursed her again and put her back down in the crib awake.  She settled herself down and went to sleep.  But was then awake and dancing/crying at 4:45.

I am blaming the teeth.  Her top two middle ones are both about 25% pushed through and there are several other white bumps on her gums.  I think once the major drama behind them is over we will have to do a little sleep training update.  And by 'we' I mean Daddy - it is just too hard for me - if I go to her I have to nurse her.  But I DO NOT want her to get used to a nighttime feed again.  She is almost one for Christ's sake!!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had an awesome thanksgiving, but so sorry the little gal's teeth are bothering her so much now!! :( Ugg, Alidia was going through that the past couple weeks with her top two and it wasn't fun. They seem to be about 75% of the way through now and no longer bothering her. Until the next ones come in of course. Teeth suck!!! :P

    ReplyDelete