A little Cry It Out. At 10+ months I think it must be less harmful right? Let the night-weaning begin!
Crib at 9pm
Woke at 12am - cried on and off for an hour - hubby went in 3 times to comfort her but not pick her up. Just stroked her head and patted her butt. He said she went from standing at the rail screaming, to just swaying back and forth fussing, to silently swaying, then laid down and went to sleep.
Woke at 6:45 - I nursed her and rocked her. She fell asleep in my arms and I tried to lay her back down but she cried so we got up for the day.
Where was I during the night cries? In the guest room, a unisom and a beer in my belly, with white noise drowning out the crying. I highly recommend this. 9 hours straight of sleep. My body is in shock and awe. My brain feels alive for the first time in MONTHS.
Tonight it is my turn. I plan on wearing a high neckline tight top to disallow access to the ladies. Wish me luck--I am definitely not as strong as my husband so I hope I don't buckle. BUT even if I suck at it at least we know she is able to put herself to sleep - she is just stubborn and likes our help.
Crib at 9pm
Woke at 12am - cried on and off for an hour - hubby went in 3 times to comfort her but not pick her up. Just stroked her head and patted her butt. He said she went from standing at the rail screaming, to just swaying back and forth fussing, to silently swaying, then laid down and went to sleep.
Woke at 6:45 - I nursed her and rocked her. She fell asleep in my arms and I tried to lay her back down but she cried so we got up for the day.
Where was I during the night cries? In the guest room, a unisom and a beer in my belly, with white noise drowning out the crying. I highly recommend this. 9 hours straight of sleep. My body is in shock and awe. My brain feels alive for the first time in MONTHS.
Tonight it is my turn. I plan on wearing a high neckline tight top to disallow access to the ladies. Wish me luck--I am definitely not as strong as my husband so I hope I don't buckle. BUT even if I suck at it at least we know she is able to put herself to sleep - she is just stubborn and likes our help.

We did CIO @ about 11 months and it worked well for us. My DH actually did it one weekend I was out of town as he knew I could not handle it. It will be hard at first but I hope it helps everyone to get more sleep!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! Yeah I think this is an ok age for it. Many people suggested it at like 3 months and I just couldn't.
DeleteIt's so hard, but sleep....ahhhhhhhhh
ReplyDeleteFirm believer in CIO! Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteThe CIO part is tough, but you are making great progress!
ReplyDelete