(written 2/20/15)
Haven't been keeping as good of a record this time around, probably because I haven't been live blogging....just didn't want to worry my mom about having all of this done 8,000 miles away. I am thinking about telling her soon though, so then I will be posting my blogs.
Big shout out to Turia for keeping me sane these last few weeks. Love you girl, you're a great sounding board for my rambled thoughts, and I always feel like you are one of the people in this world who truly "get me".
So I ended up stimming for 9 days on 225 of Merional (believe it is the equivalent of menopur). I did no down regulation at all, no birth control pills, no lupron.
Egg retrieval was 2/14....making babies on Valentine's Day. I love it and continue to hope that it's a good omen.
All along I had 22+ follicles, but only had 8 eggs retrieved. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. My dr reminded me that we purposely stimulated me less than my 2 previous long DR cycles (300 bravelle and 75 menopur both times), and were going for quality bot quantity. She said my first two cycles my estrogen was so high (6-7,000 at trigger) that my egg quality was probably affected. This cycle my estrogen was 2,000 at trigger.
Egg retrieval was the most painful experience of my life. My 2 hours in recovery was as bad as the height of labor. This stupid country and it's fear of narcotics is not ok. I was completely knocked out during the procedure, but recovery was given tylenol IV, because we all know how great tylenol helps severe pain. Also mentally I was feeling bad, the anesthesiologist popped her head in and questioned me about my trigger shot. "Did you take all of it? At the right time? You're sure you didn't forget?", "We just don't know why so many of your follicles were empty". I was devastated. Googling empty follicles made me think most of my eggs were "over cooked".
Out of 8 eggs, 5 fertilized with IMSI. Probable 3 day transfer provisionally scheduled.
Day 3 I got the call saying all were doing wonderful and we were pushing to day 5. I didn't know at the time but I now know our embryos were 9 cell, 8 cell, 8 cell, 8 cell and 7 cell. No fragmentation.
Day 5 was yesterday 2/19. I was about to puke I was so nervous while waiting for the embryologist to come in. My husband was out in the waiting room (due to the extreme modesty rules of Muslim women men aren't allowed back in recovery rooms or transfer rooms) so I was alone, twitching with nervousness.
FINALLY (seriously I twitched for about an hour, they were way behind), she walked in smiling and said, "It's very good news". My heart literally stopped. I had psyched myself up to hear, "We only have morulas today" or "There's one blast but it doesn't look good".
Our 5 fertilized eggs on day 5 were:
-5bb
-5aa
-4aa
-4aa
-early blast with fragmentation.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't even explain the jubilation I felt. She didn't even tell me the grades, I just snooped on her clipboard. She said we would transfer 2. Then she left.
What?!?! I have never had more than 2 blasts, and only once have I had a 5aa (Pipsqueak I assume).
Transfer was painless besides the fact that I over filled my bladder by a ton. The embryologist picked the very best 2 and those were transferred. I got to see them up on the screen, so amazing! Never had the chance to see any of our embryos before.
I requested to talk with the embryologist before I left. The director of the lab sat me down, he was so nice and spoke perfect English so no language barrier. He said the 5aa was an easy pick, as it was perfect and exactly where it should be. The next embryo he chose was one of the 4aas.
So now I am 1dp5dt. I am staying at a hotel for a couple nights as we had some points to use. I got upgraded to a business suite and am relaxing to the max!
Please stick little ones. You are SO wanted. xoxo
Haven't been keeping as good of a record this time around, probably because I haven't been live blogging....just didn't want to worry my mom about having all of this done 8,000 miles away. I am thinking about telling her soon though, so then I will be posting my blogs.
Big shout out to Turia for keeping me sane these last few weeks. Love you girl, you're a great sounding board for my rambled thoughts, and I always feel like you are one of the people in this world who truly "get me".
So I ended up stimming for 9 days on 225 of Merional (believe it is the equivalent of menopur). I did no down regulation at all, no birth control pills, no lupron.
Egg retrieval was 2/14....making babies on Valentine's Day. I love it and continue to hope that it's a good omen.
All along I had 22+ follicles, but only had 8 eggs retrieved. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. My dr reminded me that we purposely stimulated me less than my 2 previous long DR cycles (300 bravelle and 75 menopur both times), and were going for quality bot quantity. She said my first two cycles my estrogen was so high (6-7,000 at trigger) that my egg quality was probably affected. This cycle my estrogen was 2,000 at trigger.
Egg retrieval was the most painful experience of my life. My 2 hours in recovery was as bad as the height of labor. This stupid country and it's fear of narcotics is not ok. I was completely knocked out during the procedure, but recovery was given tylenol IV, because we all know how great tylenol helps severe pain. Also mentally I was feeling bad, the anesthesiologist popped her head in and questioned me about my trigger shot. "Did you take all of it? At the right time? You're sure you didn't forget?", "We just don't know why so many of your follicles were empty". I was devastated. Googling empty follicles made me think most of my eggs were "over cooked".
Out of 8 eggs, 5 fertilized with IMSI. Probable 3 day transfer provisionally scheduled.
Day 3 I got the call saying all were doing wonderful and we were pushing to day 5. I didn't know at the time but I now know our embryos were 9 cell, 8 cell, 8 cell, 8 cell and 7 cell. No fragmentation.
Day 5 was yesterday 2/19. I was about to puke I was so nervous while waiting for the embryologist to come in. My husband was out in the waiting room (due to the extreme modesty rules of Muslim women men aren't allowed back in recovery rooms or transfer rooms) so I was alone, twitching with nervousness.
FINALLY (seriously I twitched for about an hour, they were way behind), she walked in smiling and said, "It's very good news". My heart literally stopped. I had psyched myself up to hear, "We only have morulas today" or "There's one blast but it doesn't look good".
Our 5 fertilized eggs on day 5 were:
-5bb
-5aa
-4aa
-4aa
-early blast with fragmentation.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't even explain the jubilation I felt. She didn't even tell me the grades, I just snooped on her clipboard. She said we would transfer 2. Then she left.
What?!?! I have never had more than 2 blasts, and only once have I had a 5aa (Pipsqueak I assume).
Transfer was painless besides the fact that I over filled my bladder by a ton. The embryologist picked the very best 2 and those were transferred. I got to see them up on the screen, so amazing! Never had the chance to see any of our embryos before.
I requested to talk with the embryologist before I left. The director of the lab sat me down, he was so nice and spoke perfect English so no language barrier. He said the 5aa was an easy pick, as it was perfect and exactly where it should be. The next embryo he chose was one of the 4aas.
So now I am 1dp5dt. I am staying at a hotel for a couple nights as we had some points to use. I got upgraded to a business suite and am relaxing to the max!
Please stick little ones. You are SO wanted. xoxo

Glad I could be there to be a sounding board! Even more happy to see you blogging because you have good news!
ReplyDeletexoxo