Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, December 8, 2014

Microblog Monday - travels

So as you all know we have been living in the Middle East for over a year now, and loving it!  Besides missing our families and friends it's been great!  The best part hands down is the ability to travel.  Pipsqueak at nearly age 3 has been to 3 continents and 5 countries.  Soon to be more!  We are traveling to Prague for Christmas, then to Scotland and Ireland this summer.

And I may get hated for this, but travel with her at this point is a cake walk.  14 hour flight?  I mean of course it sucks but she is so well behaved!  She's learned to sleep anywhere, adjust to jet lag quickly, and takes in new surroundings with ease.

Confession: while traveling when I see parents struggling with their 2-4 kids it makes me really happy.  I enjoy their troubles,

Does this make me a bad person?  Or am I just making lemonade out of my lemons?

2 comments:

  1. LEMONADE! For sure. E. is also an exceptional traveller now- he really 'gets' how it works and the order in which things happen. The flight to and from Australia in the summer was so much easier than the one two years earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Thank you.

      To clarify I always feel badly for the parents, it just makes me feel better about our situation :)

      Delete