(originally written early January 2015, just publishing some drafts now :-) )
So things have been interesting lately.
We tried naturally last month, used ovukation detector and BD at perfect times.
Obvi it didn't work. But I had textbook implantation spotting. Then I had an evap line on a clear blue easy hpt. I swear those things are evil. See here:
It never fooled me, but the 1 second moment of thinking it was possible left me knowing we should try again.
I researched all of the IVF clinics here as nauseum. The one I picked I did so due to them using the newest technology: IMSI (increased magnification during sperm selection increasing fertilization rates) and the embryoscope (takes time lapse photos of embryos during development to assess embryo quality. No need to disturb those embryos).
If we are gonna do it again I want to know we are giving it everything we've got.
I had a consultation today, CD 3. She did an ultrasound, saw a small fibroid outside of my uterus, "not worrisome". She didn't see a polyp but will repeat the U/s later in my cycle. She said my ovaries looked "awesome", lots of follicles, and "if it wasn't for your husbands sperm you'd be getting pregnant every month."
She reviewed DH's semen analysis and lab tests from 6 months ago. She showed it to the andrologist. (This is a different clinic than the one we visited 6 months ago, they only said "everything is normal you need ICSI). He said he wants DH retested, that his testosterone and FSH are on the low side of normal, and he wants his estrogen checked. If his estrogen is high we can definitely start him on some hormone therapy to get his levels in better form. "We could get you pregnant maybe with IUI or regular sex!".
Wow.
And she said if we can't then we will try IVF with IMSI. Probably not until September. We have travel galore in spring and summer. That gives me that much longer to get DH and I healthy!
Speaking of which, I've lost 15 pounds in the last 2 months on the paleo diet! I've been exercising regularly and drinking way less also.
I weigh 24 lbs less than with my first IVF. Can you say new diagnosis of infertility tubby!?!?
So that's that. Recheck for DH, healthy living, we shall see!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment