Life with a 22 month old is nuts! Good crazy but so busy! She never sits still, is starting to speak short sentences, and amazes me every day. Today she brought me her baby doll and the wipes and said, "poopy!!" So I changed the baby :)
At her early 2 year appt (at 22 months) she weighed 26.5 lbs (60th percentile) and was 34.5 inches (90th percentile). Dr said she's gonna be tall and skinny (I'm jealous).
We leave in 2 weeks. There is still so much left to do before we leave! I'm so ready to just be there. I still need to start a new blog to document our travels ...when I do I will definitely share it here.
There have been three million "I'm gonna be a big sister" etc announcements on Facebook and in blogs lately. I'm obviously happy for everyone, but it always feels like a punch in the gut. Funnily enough I don't have that reaction to someone getting pregnant with their first. But siblings get to me somehow. That said I feel really settled with only having one. I've sold or given away almost every single baby item and am realizing how much easier our new adventure will be without a pregnancy and newborn to deal with. Oh well, decision made and that's that.
Love to all!

She is such a cutie pie.
ReplyDeleteTWO WEEKS?! That is SOON! I can't wait to hear about all of your new adventures.
You sound so much more settled about remaining a one-child family than my other friends who have had their efforts to expand their family ultimately fail. I think having Dubai on the horizon is great- it gives you a fresh start and something else to think about. I hope the 'big sister' announcements eventually get easier. I'm already having trouble with them, and I'm still in the throes of trying for a second.
xoxo
T.
What a beautiful photo. Yes, I would love to hear about your new adventures. So exciting! PG announcements tug at me too, it is great that you have made peace. Go forth and enjoy!
ReplyDeleteIm excitied for you and your new adventure!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look great in that pic! I can't believe you move so soon. I will be interested in reading your adventures on a new blog. I think we are only going to have one baby too, but I haven't given away stuff yet. Though I am not moving. Those I am going to be a big brother/sister posts are everywhere and sucker punch me too.
ReplyDeleteGood seeing you post again!!! What a cute picture!!
ReplyDeleteLove that picture - what a cutie!!! I love that she brought you her baby doll and the wipes, she's a smart one too :)
ReplyDeletetotally understand why sibling announcements would be hard to hear. Things are sill really raw for you.
I hope that the final preparations for travel go smoothly. I look forward to following your adventures!!!