So I am thinking about starting a new blog chronicling our adventures over there. I have obsessively been reading expat blogs and learning so much. I am having a dilemma though...I love this blog. It has been home for so long and I hate to leave it.
But our infertility journey is over - we have decided on absolutely no more treatments, have off-handedly talked about adoption but I doubt we have the drive to go down this road, and the chances of a surprise pregnancy are extremely slim to none. So maybe I should just transition this blog of mine into an American Girl in the Middle East type vibe? The problem is of course that this blog is (semi) confidential. Only one or two people in my real life know about it as far as I know. And if I start blogging about our new adventures I will want to use my real name and include lots more pics of us, and what's more I will want to give the blog address to my family and friends, perchance even give out the address on facebook, gasp!
What should I do? I know I can start a new one and just share that address here for any of you who want to follow along. But I like this space! I like my blog name. SO maybe I could convert to using my real name, and maybe put some of the more personal posts to password protected for now. Maybe half of my family and friends know we did IVF, I'm not very shy about that. But as far as details about MFI, and the fact that we have debated dIUI several times, I'm not sure DH will want that knowledge public.
Any advice?
Also to all of you currently in treatment, pregnant, or just giving birth - I love you, I wish you nothing but the best, I read your updates, but sometimes it is just too much to comment right now. I hope you understand.
But our infertility journey is over - we have decided on absolutely no more treatments, have off-handedly talked about adoption but I doubt we have the drive to go down this road, and the chances of a surprise pregnancy are extremely slim to none. So maybe I should just transition this blog of mine into an American Girl in the Middle East type vibe? The problem is of course that this blog is (semi) confidential. Only one or two people in my real life know about it as far as I know. And if I start blogging about our new adventures I will want to use my real name and include lots more pics of us, and what's more I will want to give the blog address to my family and friends, perchance even give out the address on facebook, gasp!
What should I do? I know I can start a new one and just share that address here for any of you who want to follow along. But I like this space! I like my blog name. SO maybe I could convert to using my real name, and maybe put some of the more personal posts to password protected for now. Maybe half of my family and friends know we did IVF, I'm not very shy about that. But as far as details about MFI, and the fact that we have debated dIUI several times, I'm not sure DH will want that knowledge public.
Any advice?
Also to all of you currently in treatment, pregnant, or just giving birth - I love you, I wish you nothing but the best, I read your updates, but sometimes it is just too much to comment right now. I hope you understand.

I think it's still ok to use this same blog, but that's just my opinion :)
ReplyDeleteI'm newish to this whole blogging thing, and the only person IRL that has my blog's url is my husband!!! So, I'm of no help to you in terms of what you should do. I think you'll figure it out as you go. If you start a new blog, you can still always come back here if you decide you want/need to.
ReplyDeleteThe Dubai thing sounds so exciting!
ReplyDeleteI can see why you would want to start a new blog, but I can also see the desire to stay in the same space. It is a tough decision, and I wish I had some assvice.
And HUGS to you, hun. I'm glad the Dubai thing has come along right now so you have something else to think about other than just trying to process ending treatments. I cannot imagine how hard that must be.
xoxo
T.
First off I've been behind in blogging and I'm so sorry things didn't work out with this last treatment. Secondly, congrats on the move, it sounds like a very exciting opportunity for your family! Definitely hard with the decision but sounds like a new blog might be best just so you don't have to worry about things you've written on here previously being public knowledge. Hope you'll keep us updated regardless of what you decide. Wishing you happiness & peace in this new adventure
ReplyDeleteI totally want to read about your adventures!!! How exciting.
ReplyDelete