Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, December 9, 2011

Preeclampsia

I've officially progressed from pregnancy induced hypertension to preeclampsia. My uric acid level has risen from 4.5 to 6.1 in the last 2 weeks and my 24 hr urine test shows 467 something (milligrams? Grams?) of protein and anything over 300 signifies pre e. The doctor herself called me this evening to tell me the results. She said if the protein had been over 500 she would recommend delivery this week...as it stands now I am going back to the doctor Monday (you know you're sick when they want to see you back in 3 days) and will re check a 24 hour urine then. I am to go to L&D over the weekend if my symptoms worsen. This week I have progressively felt worse - headaches, diarrhea and just general malaise and "not feeling right". Just kinda flu-ey but not running a fever.

35 weeks 1 day today. We saw the perinatologist Monday - she has set a goal of us making it to 37 weeks if possible. Here's hoping!!!

I wish I would just go into labor next week on my own-an induction scares me but that's almost definitely what's gonna happen.

Sorry I haven't been commenting much. I am reading blogs - constantly in fact. It's just hard to type while lying on my side. I'm typing this right now on the new Blogger app which I was pumped to find! But I guess it's just for posting on your own blog, not for reading or commenting?

So many people are due this month and next - fingers crossed for lots of healthy babies and mommies!

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweets - you are so close, and doing so well! It is scary to think about being induced due to pre-e. My Bestie was in that boat with her first pregnancy and it was a perfect delivery of a perfect little girl. It was scary, and I know that she felt guilty about evicting her daughter before she was ready, but having a healthy mama and baby was so much more important. We'll be sending you lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,

    I hope you are feeling ok. I just wanted to chime in. I was on bedrest for the third trimester. I know it is hard. No one told me that if you have a c-section it takes five days for your milk to come in. Anyhow,I don't know if you are planning on nursing, but NO ONE told me and I was hysterical so just in case I wanted to save you the panic.


    I am now one week away from the point in my previous pregnancy when I went on bedrest and my husband is watching me like I am going to explode. I am a little scared too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to drop in from LFCA and wish you all the best and send strength and patience as you endure this bed rest. I was on strict bed rest for slightly over 2 months with my pregnancy and I know how difficult it is. Hang in there ... one day it really will seem like a distant memory, but I know right now time is dragging. =( Prayers for a safe delivery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Visiting from LFCA. Keeping you and you little one in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping the bed rest isn't too difficult and that you stay well and make it to full term. Good luck and wishing you a smooth and healthy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Fingers crossed you make it to 37 weeks - but mostly to a healthy delivery!! I know lying on your side must be rough!!

    ReplyDelete