Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2012

That is the earliest I could possibly have a baby.  I just realized this last night when we were trying to estimate how much money to put aside into our FSA account (we decided on max so we can use it to pay for donor sperm and IUIs).  I said in passing, "Well we won't have to worry about the cost of childbirth until at least 2012". Very flippantly, like I was above being upset over IF.  But I'm NOT.  We started trying in 2009!  It is so unbelievably unfair!

It's the way I felt when I was single and yearned to be married (or at least have a boyfriend).  I was ok being single, I just wanted reassurance that someone was out there for me at some point in my life.  That's what I need now...just to know that it will happen someday.

6 comments:

  1. It will, some day. One way or another. It has to. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those thoughts pop into my head all the time and the only thing that keeps me from going insane is that once my baby is here, he or she will be TOTALLY worth the wait. He or she will be so awesome that the IF pain and struggle will melt into a blur as I enjoy being a parent.

    ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double check the guidelines on the FSA. We were thinking about doing the same thing when we upped ours last spring, and our advisor told us that some of the guidelines have changed, and that they might not consider infertility treatments appropriate use of the money.

    Now that that's out of the way, I just wanted to say keep your head up. We're all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was worried about this too so I called our FSA/Insurance carrier and they assured us that we can use FSA for all infertility related stuff for 2011..but I think in 2012 changes may be coming?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if it will ever happen for me too...it sucks!! (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The waiting to begin trying is so painful, watching the calendar just flip to dates far beyond those that i ever thought would come. I should have a 2 year old and pregnant with #2 right now. As if life cares what my plans were... So yeah...

    2011 is going to be a kick ass year for both of us, and will leave us counting our blessings in 2012!

    ps- I thought about calling you the other day, but it was late west coast time, and so I hesitated.

    ReplyDelete