Last evening DH was working from home and I was half vegging in front of the tv/half doing laundry. He comes up behind me and says, "So I think I'm ready to move forward with this donor stuff". Since we had already pretty much agreed on this I just kinda said, "yeah I know". But by the look on his face I knew he meant more by it. He said, "No I mean let's do it sooner, like maybe January." Wow! Before this he was all about completely finishing his doctorate before we move forward. I really don't know what it is that made him change his mind, we haven't even talked about it in awhile. Our counseling appointments were over a few weeks ago too so I don't think that's it. Maybe he just suddenly wants a kid as soon as possible like I do!
UMM so wow! I need to call the RE's office to find out what freaking sperm bank they use, and what other stuff I need to know! Also I have to call the counselor's office to have her fax a letter to my RE saying we have talked through using a donor.
February is actually more realistic because I have a huge certification test mid January and a trip planned...but I am so excited that we will probably try in February! Also March, April and May are pretty wide open for trying! June and July are busy with different weddings and travel so that was worrying me because before that was probably when we were going to start trying. Now I will hopefully be pregnant by then and if I'm not I imagine after 4 months of trying a 2 month break would be welcome.
Oh I am sooo stoked! I am off to make phone calls now. YAY!
UMM so wow! I need to call the RE's office to find out what freaking sperm bank they use, and what other stuff I need to know! Also I have to call the counselor's office to have her fax a letter to my RE saying we have talked through using a donor.
February is actually more realistic because I have a huge certification test mid January and a trip planned...but I am so excited that we will probably try in February! Also March, April and May are pretty wide open for trying! June and July are busy with different weddings and travel so that was worrying me because before that was probably when we were going to start trying. Now I will hopefully be pregnant by then and if I'm not I imagine after 4 months of trying a 2 month break would be welcome.
Oh I am sooo stoked! I am off to make phone calls now. YAY!

WOOHOO!!! What great news :) Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news! Thanks for commenting on my blog. You know, with me being a DE IVFer, I often wondered about the men/couples that decide to undergo DS. At least women who undergo DE have the chance to be apart in the baby's gestation/birth. But men...they have no part in it. I'd think for men it would be "tougher" to overcome the grief/anxiety that comes whenever you choose donor sperm. So honestly, I give my hats off to the men and couples who undergo DS! That's a HUGE step your CJ just took. He'll waver from time to time and this is normal. I HIGHLY recommend the book "Mommies, Daddies, Donors & Surrogates" by Dianne Erhensaft (online Amazon.com). Good read.
ReplyDeleteOh Wow! That is huge. I think sometimes men just need a little more time to process things, or they process them in their own way. It is sooooo exciting that you are on track. Here's hoping you get first time lucky!
ReplyDeleteWhat a BIG comment. and I imagine what a huge weight off your shoulders! Congrats on being able to move forward and make a plan. For me, having a plan is everything.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the money stuff -I just updated all of our diui costs on my blog. We sent $3,179 total for the first IUI.