Just got home from the HSG...all clear! Woohoo!
I really expected it to be an easy procedure...I innocently thought that every horror story I had read on the internet was blown out of proportion, that it would be an "ouch" and then over. I now know what everyone was talking about, it's an OUCH! Now the pain only lasted 2-3 minuted total but OH.MY.GOD. Tears were rolling down my face. Thank God DH was there with me, I think I broke his hand. Dr Alan was great too. Afterwards he apologized for it hurting so much but told me that my tubes looked great. We briefly spoke about our struggle of pursuing IVF vs dIUI. He said that obviously we have a lot to talk about, but we would be great candidates for either.
SO...now we are going to do some soul searching over the next month or so, then come up with a game plan.
I really expected it to be an easy procedure...I innocently thought that every horror story I had read on the internet was blown out of proportion, that it would be an "ouch" and then over. I now know what everyone was talking about, it's an OUCH! Now the pain only lasted 2-3 minuted total but OH.MY.GOD. Tears were rolling down my face. Thank God DH was there with me, I think I broke his hand. Dr Alan was great too. Afterwards he apologized for it hurting so much but told me that my tubes looked great. We briefly spoke about our struggle of pursuing IVF vs dIUI. He said that obviously we have a lot to talk about, but we would be great candidates for either.
SO...now we are going to do some soul searching over the next month or so, then come up with a game plan.

Glad everything went well!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, I just found out today that I have to get an HSG scheduled. This SO does not make me excited. I'm really glad that you had a great result though!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that your HSG was all clear. One more step taken on path. I hope you guys are feeling good about your decision making process.
ReplyDeleteSp glad all is clear. Wishing you the very best with your soul searching while you figure out which path will be best for you.
ReplyDeleteYay for the all clear!
ReplyDelete