Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2015

19 weeks!

Size of babies: Approximately 6 inches long, about half a pound each.  The size of an heirloom tomato or a mango.

Weight gain: Up 16-18 lbs.

Size of uterus: 6 finger breadths above my belly button, so I think that is measuring 26 weeks?  I am going to ask my Dr to measure me exactly at my appointment in a week and a half.

Sex of the babies: Surprises!!!  Although the closer it gets to my anatomy scan the more curious I am.  I am kind of tempted to get down on my hands and knees and beg my husband at the u/s.  But I will try to be strong.  It's not even that I have a preference, just curious!!!!!

Baby prep: I have bought a double stroller, one used bouncer, a twin breastfeeding pillow,  swaddlers, muslin blankets, and a breastfeeding cover.  I also put together the crib and set it up in my daughter's room.  Still to buy: bassinets or something for them to sleep in the first 6 months (ish), 2 infant car seats, bottles, breast pump (may have a lead on borrowing one), 2 baby carriers (may have a lead on borrowing one), pacifiers, newborn and 0-3 month clothing (have exactly none!), 1 baby swing, one more bouncer, 2 changing pads, 2 nursing bras, baby monitor....and I'm sure a million other things I haven't thought of yet.

Movement: Yes, yes, yes!!! More pronounced every day.  Can't tell it from the outside yet, according to DH.

What I miss: Well of course the selfless line to that one is nothing, and of course everything is worth it.  But I would love a few beers along with some sushi.  I have been craving both intensely!  Also I started getting heartburn this week every evening, luckily Tums seems to help.

Best Moment of the week: Sitting at Disney on Ice with my husband and daughter, and feeling these miracle babies dance to the music!

Worst Moment of the week: The nurse calling me saying the culture from my urine sample from last week showed a UTI, so I am on a 10 day antibiotic course.  Luckily I have very few symptoms, just hate having any sort of issue!

2 comments:

  1. So fun that you are getting to feel baby <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA- you are halfway! I can't believe how quickly this is going.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete