And all is well! Baby A is 349gm or 12.3 oz. Baby B is 387gm or 13.6 oz. For the next month they should gain 3-4 oz a week so a week from now I should have two 1 pounders! Seems cray cray.
Everything looked normal according to the Dr (here doctors do the ultrasounds, not u/s techs, so I feel as if you don't get as much information. Also no pictures!!!! I should have asked). Brain, heart, kidneys, stomach, bladder, bowel, all measurements, placentas, 3 vessel cords, all accounted for and "normal", according to the print out report I received.
Baby A is hanging out wayyy low. The ultrasound probe was over the right side of my c-section scar. She (just a guess) was a bit mellow, had both hands up her face seemingly attempting to suck her thumb. Awwww. At one point when he was measuring her femurs she had her legs wide open. I didn't see a penis, and it appeared to me that she was a girl. My husband thought the same thing, but we are not experts, and could be totally wrong! What is so funny is I really would like at least one boy, just to experience something different, but when I didn't see a penis my heart leapt! So evidently having 3 girls is fine with me!
Baby B is hanging out at the top of my uterus, the probe was mostly over my left upper quadrant. He or She was MAD about the ultrasound probe. I have never felt such intense kicks or movement from either of them yet as I did during the ultrasound. No crotch shot, so I can't make any sex guesses. Except at the end of the scans I asked the doctor if he could tell the sexes and he said, "I definitely know what they are". That makes me think they are two boys or at least one, because presence of a penis seems to be what would make a person so definitively sure.
The doctor did tell us he couldn't get all of the angles to measure everything on Baby B's heart. He said he could see everything he needed to, just couldn't get the right angle for all of the measurements. He assured me he didn't see a single thing that was abnormal, the baby was just all squished up. He will rescan me at 28ish weeks to look at the heart again.
I am up 23.5 lbs which I am very happy with, the dr didn't mention it. The USA perinatologist I saw wanted me to gain 20-25 lbs by 20 weeks so I did it!
My cervix measurement went up! Yay! 3 weeks ago it was 3.76, yesterday it was 4.15 or something around there, I didn't write it down. Also my blood pressure was 122/81!!!!!! And this was right after I sat down at the desk, huffing and puffing a bit, and very nervous about the upcoming scan. And it was with an automatic cuff which always seem to measure higher. So YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My next appt is at 23.5 weeks. From then on they will dip urine for protein every appt, I start checking my blood pressure at home daily, if it starts going up we will start 24 hour urine collections.
Meanwhile nesting continues. I have our crib set up for babies (in P's room), probably won't use it right away but maybe for naps sometimes.
I will leave you with a picture of P and me on vacation.
Everything looked normal according to the Dr (here doctors do the ultrasounds, not u/s techs, so I feel as if you don't get as much information. Also no pictures!!!! I should have asked). Brain, heart, kidneys, stomach, bladder, bowel, all measurements, placentas, 3 vessel cords, all accounted for and "normal", according to the print out report I received.
Baby A is hanging out wayyy low. The ultrasound probe was over the right side of my c-section scar. She (just a guess) was a bit mellow, had both hands up her face seemingly attempting to suck her thumb. Awwww. At one point when he was measuring her femurs she had her legs wide open. I didn't see a penis, and it appeared to me that she was a girl. My husband thought the same thing, but we are not experts, and could be totally wrong! What is so funny is I really would like at least one boy, just to experience something different, but when I didn't see a penis my heart leapt! So evidently having 3 girls is fine with me!
Baby B is hanging out at the top of my uterus, the probe was mostly over my left upper quadrant. He or She was MAD about the ultrasound probe. I have never felt such intense kicks or movement from either of them yet as I did during the ultrasound. No crotch shot, so I can't make any sex guesses. Except at the end of the scans I asked the doctor if he could tell the sexes and he said, "I definitely know what they are". That makes me think they are two boys or at least one, because presence of a penis seems to be what would make a person so definitively sure.
The doctor did tell us he couldn't get all of the angles to measure everything on Baby B's heart. He said he could see everything he needed to, just couldn't get the right angle for all of the measurements. He assured me he didn't see a single thing that was abnormal, the baby was just all squished up. He will rescan me at 28ish weeks to look at the heart again.
I am up 23.5 lbs which I am very happy with, the dr didn't mention it. The USA perinatologist I saw wanted me to gain 20-25 lbs by 20 weeks so I did it!
My cervix measurement went up! Yay! 3 weeks ago it was 3.76, yesterday it was 4.15 or something around there, I didn't write it down. Also my blood pressure was 122/81!!!!!! And this was right after I sat down at the desk, huffing and puffing a bit, and very nervous about the upcoming scan. And it was with an automatic cuff which always seem to measure higher. So YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My next appt is at 23.5 weeks. From then on they will dip urine for protein every appt, I start checking my blood pressure at home daily, if it starts going up we will start 24 hour urine collections.
Meanwhile nesting continues. I have our crib set up for babies (in P's room), probably won't use it right away but maybe for naps sometimes.
Yesterday we had delivered our 2 infant car seats (Chicco Keyfit 30), 2 bassinet/sleepers (Graco Little Loungers - similar to Fisher Price RNP but more highly reviewed, also has a vibrating feature) and 2 boppy pillows. This week I also bought a used swing, a second bouncer, 2 bottles, 4 pacis, 6 sleepers, 1 nursing bra, and 1 baby bath sling. I borrowed from a friend a large playmat that is gorgeous, a toddler bath seat and a newborn Swedish bath thing for the sink. I previously bought a 4 pack of Aden and Anais swaddlers, two miracle blanket swaddlers, nursing cover/scarf, and received a package of swaddle me swaddlers from a friend.
Basically it is starting to look like an orphanage around here and I still have a bunch to buy. Major purchases are a breast pump, video monitor, and clothing.


So exciting! So glad to hear things are going well!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed that you aren't finding out the sexes!! I HAVE to know, especially with the two of them I had to know. Also ... SO MANY SUPPLIES FOR TWINS. I have loved offloading things to people, though it makes me sad, but we don't need two of anything baby-related anymore, I feel myself getting lighter haha!
ReplyDelete