Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, April 4, 2015

9 Week Update

Fruit Size? This is always my absolute favorite thing in pregnancy, comparing the baby (babies?) to food.  This week they are 1-1.25 inches, or the size of a grape, or a green olive.

Due Date: According to the IVF calculators November 7.  According to my OB basing it on my LMP it's November 9.  And of course with twins, and with my history of pre-eclampsia probably more like September or hopefully October.

How far along: 9 weeks today.

Genders: We are not going to find out.  With P I begged my husband to let us find out, he was really against it.  So I have promised him that if we got another chance it would be a surprise...

Total Weight Gain: 2-3 lbs.  With P I was down 2 lbs at 16 weeks, doesn't seem I am on that track this time....

Stretch Marks: My white faded ones from my first pregnancy immediately got darker as soon as I got a bfp.  Hormonal maybe?

Swelling: Not yet!

Movement: Too early!  Although these last couple days I could've sworn I felt tiny, tiny flutters. But both times I felt them I had flatulence right afterwards.  LOL

Maternity Clothes: Haven't worn any yet but I did buy some bottoms!  I can still wear some regular jeans/shorts but waistbands make me feel sick.  I am showing MUCH more quickly this time, which I know happens with a second pregnancy and with twins.  

Sleep: Ugh, I have been having insomnia.  And of course the sinus infection isn't helping.  I am sleeping 5-7 hours straight at night, then trying to take a nap everyday.

Cravings: All the food.  Seriously I am hungry all the time.  I wake up with my stomach growling.  I go to bed and my stomach is growling.  Specifically been craving milk, pasta, oranges, and fried chicken.

Symptoms: Nausea, but not every day, and so far not as bad as my last pregnancy.  I think it may be because I am not constipated this time.  Which I think is because this time I am on rectal suppositories instead of vaginal ones.  You're welcome for this information.  Also a little boob tenderness, urinary frequency and weird dreams.

What I miss: Just sushi.  I have been craving raw salmon intensely.  But of course I am happy to forgo it. 

What I'm loving: Surprising people with our news! Don't worry, we haven't told everyone.  Just family and very close friends.  I know it is still early.  


I've talked to my husband several times since he left.  He and Pipsqueak are having a great time in Florida.  I can't believe I am missing Easter with my family :(   But I am getting better, and I know she is having a blast. 

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so you know what's funny? The IVF due date calculator puts my due date at November 25, but the PA said November 27. Is adding two days a thing?

    I'm guessing the sinus infection is better? You sound better, even though I know you're missing your family.

    I'm actually going to ask about switching the suppositories to the back door. Especially if the spotting persists.

    Happy 9 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes the sinus crap is about 50% better, thank God!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I bet one of the best things is TELLING people!!! Hooray :)

    ReplyDelete