Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

7+2, 7+3 spotting...

Ugh.

Yesterday (7+2) I noticed the smallest, most scanty bit of tan spotting when I wiped.  I immediately texted my dr, who told me to go back on the PIO every other day this week until my 8 week scan.  I had to go into the clinic to pick up some more PIO.  While there my dr saw me, ushered me into an exam room and did a quick abdominal u/s.  She said she saw both heartbeats. I could see one clearly, and hear it I think (it was awfully muffled), but the other embryo was much harder to see, "below the other one" according to the dr.  But the dr said it also had a good heartbeat.  So that all made me feel a little better. I rested all day yesterday and the spotting immediately stopped.

This morning I woke up to cramps, it's hard to tell if they are any worse than they have been, I've had them on and off since  transfer.  I didn't have any spotting the first couple hours I was awake, but then it started back up again.  At first tan, then pink, then brown, now it seems to have subsided again.  I texted my dr, she said to do the PIO daily.

Google and my twin forum girls all tell me this can be absolutely normal, can be a loss of one twin, or can be the beginnings of a total loss of pregnancy.  5 more days till the next transvag u/s.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

11 comments:

  1. I completely understand the impulse to panic, but please believe me when I say that there are women in my super-secret FB group who've bled bright red with clots and NOT lost a pregnancy. With IVF, SCHs are much more common. So while it's good to keep an eye on things, and you should probably take it easy and hydrate the next few days, try not to obsess. (I say this but you know if the shoe were on my foot I'd be writing encyclopedias about my own anxiety.) Hang in there and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I am the same way. I reassure others but then freak out when it happens to me. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been here but the news of the pregnancy came at the same time shit went down for me (sorry I just couldn't fucking respond).

    I think this is totally normal. Cervix is all engorged and sensitive. I think all shall be fine. I will be back to being a blog friend soon. Just got to get over the usual post depressive BFN state. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hun I've been there, i was absent for awhile after my bfn too. Thanks for stopping by. Xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Marianne,
    Try not to worry too much, I know, easier said than done. I am hopeful that those little bubs are just fine. There is a lot going on in there! You uterus is working hard to accommodate it's new life. Thinking of you and hoping for the very best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, that is so what I hope is happening!

      Delete
  4. Congrats!!! How exciting!! I'm sure the cramping and spotting are totally normal. Your uterus has to grow a lot in the next few months. I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try not to say all the usual, "spotting can be completely normal" blah blah blah, because I know if it were me, I'd be freaking out.

    I hope it's completely normal. Take it easy for the next few days, eat well, and try to distract yourself. You are doing everything right and there is a LOT going on in your uterus right now.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and that's what I'm doing. I'm actually more calm than I thought I'd be.

      Delete
  6. How are you doing? Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete