They said it won't postpone my cycle at all so that's good I suppose.
She said polyps are usually nothing but "4% of the time it ends up being cancer". Wikipedia says only 0.5% of the time so I'm choosing to ignore that.
It's always something isn't it?
Trial transfer was fine. She visualized both of my ovaries easily and saw "Many, many follicles". Again, focusing on the good news.
Anyone have experience with hysteroscopy or polyps?

Glad that you don't have to wait long for the procedure and your cycle won't be delayed!
ReplyDeleteYea, polly the polyp threw a wrench in my IVF. The good news is that studies have shown that having the procedure to remove the polyp (the scraping of the uterus and healing process) works in your favor for implantation if you do IVF within 3 months after the hysteroscopy.
ReplyDeleteCheck my blog--I think I had the hysteroscopy in October or November of 2010. Easy peasy, really.
Ugh. It is always something, isn't it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had a hysteroscopy, but I did have a laparoscopy in 2009 (February) to look for endo (and they did, indeed, find some). It was my second general (my first was for my wisdom teeth, so really wasn't the same thing). I was really really nervous about it, but it went fine in the end.
I find the anaesthesia makes me really really nauseous, so my only assvice is not to be too quick to start eating, even if you're really hungry.
Better to find it now and deal with it, than discover it after a failed IVF cycle and wonder if it was involved, no?
Hugs!
T.
So sorry to hear this, but glad that it won't delay your cycle. I had a hysteroscopy after my twins were born/died, then after a D&C. It was not under general anesthesia, (nerve block directly to the cervix). It wasn't too bad, until I saw, on the screen, the doc using tiny scissors!
ReplyDeleteUgh is right. From my experience, it shouldn't be too bad. My assvice, if you tend to get nauseated from meds let the anesthesiologist know, they can give something for it and stool softener may come in handy with the pain meds (if you have to take some).
ReplyDeleteOther than that it sounds like all is moving along nicely. Good luck!
Thanks all!! I am feeling less nervous about it, but I wish they'd call and schedule it already!!!! I have a life too :)
DeleteHi from ICLW. Im glad they don't have to postpone your cycle. Saying a prayer the procedure goes easily and painlessly~
ReplyDeleteHi, good luck! I had a lap and got pregnant 3 months later. I think the op makes you more fertile.
ReplyDelete