Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, July 8, 2013

CD 2 baseline appt

My baseline appt was great!  Uterine lining was thin, 7 follicles on the right, 4 follicles seen on the left. My left ovary was "pushed up" against my uterus
 and hard to visualize, the nurse practitioner thought there were probably several more she couldn't see.

I just got the call with my lab results. FSH 8.7, Estradiol 24.   I am sooooo happy with those numbers.  Estradiol should be below 60 and FSH is in the perfect range.  When I first got my FSH level drawn like 3 years ago it was similar to what it is now.  2 years ago with our first IVF cycle it was 11.  This is in the borderline range - meaning possible low ovarian reserve.  SO now I've had 2 perfect levels and 1 borderline.  They say that your level is only as good as your highest value - but knowing that my AMH level is also great leads me to believe something was up with my cycle last time - I kind of remember spotting for a few days before what I thought was CD1, so maybe it was actually like CD5 or 6 when I got my labs drawn.

The NP said, "So everything looks great so far but obviously the Dr will keep in mind your last FSH level when determining your medication dosages."  So I guess I will be on high doses of stims again.  I mean that's great since last time we were obviously successful - but also my estradiol got up to over 7000 and I felt like absolute shit.  Hmmm.  Maybe I will see if we can start slightly lower then increase as we go.  Or I could just shut the hell up and leave it to the experts.

Birth control pills and baby aspirin start this Thursday, saline sonohysterogram and trial transfer on 7/17, begin Lupron 7/26, start stims 8/3.

Retrieval is looking to take place August 14.  O.M.G.

7 comments: