Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, July 21, 2013

ICLW

Welcome!  I haven't done ICLW in awhile....but I have been reading new blogs and commenting like crazy lately so I thought I might as well join in the fun!  Here's a quick synopsis of our journey so far:

We tried naturally for a year, saw an RE and were diagnosed with severe male factor infertility.  There has never been a cause found, just very low counts, motility and morphology.  We were blessedly successful with our first IVF/ICSI cycle in April 2011 and have a 19 month old daughter.  I am at the very beginning of starting our 2nd IVF cycle, am currently on bcp and aspirin, start Lupron next week. Last week at my sonohysterogram a uterine polyp was found and must be removed before proceeding.

Surgery (hysteroscopy and polypectomy under general anesthesia) is tentatively scheduled for Friday.  This is approx. 2 1/2 weeks before our estimated retrieval which the dr says is fine.  I am not exactly pleased about this road bump but have settled down tremendously thanks to all the reassurance here.  Thanks ladies!

14 comments:

  1. hi!!! Hope it goes well on Friday! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from ICLW! Fingers are crossed that everything goes well on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through ICLW~ So bummed you have another obstacle. Hope it gets resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything crossed for you for this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, don't think I've caught up on you and how you were doing since we first got pregnant (we had successful cycles just a month apart). Wishing you the very best of luck as you jump back on the rollercoaster and wishing you a BFP once you are over your little road bump.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ICLW! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible from here on out. Congratulations on your daughter, and good luck with IVF #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello from ICLW. We are also dealing with male factor infertility - similar to you, low morphology and motility as part of our IF diagnosis. It's great to read about an IVF/ICSI success story! we are taking things one week at a time and hoping for our own success story down the road. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are also dealing with MFI and FFI. Hoping all goes well with your next ivf

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter is 18 months old...our daughters are pretty close-aged!

    Good Luck with the current IVF!

    #6

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had unexplained infertility, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you and your upcoming surgery. Hopefully it goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello fellow toddler mama (waves). I am visiting from ICLW. Good luck with your upcoming IVF!

    Jess (ICLW #43 and 44)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your polyp, but hopefully surgery is quick and easy! I hope that you are successful on your 2nd IVF try (and I hope that is me in a few years).

    ReplyDelete
  14. wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete