Weaning is over hurrah!
This past week she suddenly self weaned!!! I literally did almost nothing - but I'm realizing my supply must have been super low because I hardly had any engorgement.
So we made it to 15 months breast feeding. I am extremely proud and at the same time it's sad to be done. Will I ever nurse another baby? If I knew for sure she was my last I'd probably push the issue and try to keep her interested.
We are still talking about IVF in the fall for Project Sibling. Nothing is 100% yet but we are leaning towards it. If we were a normal fertile couple we wouldn't even discuss whether or not to have a second baby - but knowing what we have to go through and the expense involved - just ugh. Somehow the first time around it felt like we HAD to try. This time it feels selfish somehow....like we already won the Powerball yet keep buying tickets. Does that make any sense? Pipsqueak deserves a sibling I think. That's the driving force.
If we are unsuccessful I will just kick myself.
Also obviously I want another teeny tiny cutie :-).

It is a different decision to try again when you have fertility "challenges" We are in the same boat in some ways. Do we want to risk more miscarriages to try again? Is it worth the risk? but like you we don't want Levi to be an only child so the answer is that in the future we probably will try.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the breastfeeding milestone too! That is a real achievement :)
Congrats on the breastfeeding and the successful weaning. If you were reading my blog in June of last year- I felt exactly the same way. So bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteWe are also hoping to conceive a 2.0 in the fall. I know what you mean about feeling greedy to hope for more. I know that if it doesn't work out, it would have been so much easier just to have not tried and to have saved all the expense and emotional and physical mess. But I strongly strongly want E. to have a sibling. So we'll see.
That's a huge milestone! You did an amazing job. I am wishing you the very best on your journey to Cutie #2:)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear the weaning went well... and that she ended up doing it on her own!!! That is awesome! :) I wish Lids would do the same so I didn't feel like I was pressuring her so much! :/ Excited for you and project sibling. We are just waiting for AF to return here, then it is on!!
ReplyDelete