OMG. Baby having a night terror is NO FUN!!!!!
For the last two days PS has refused an afternoon nap. From what I've read this usually doesn't happen til 18 months or so? So she has been going to bed super early, like 6:30. Monday night she slept 6:30pm-5am silently, then woke up and slept in with Daddy til 7:30. Last night she went down at 6:30 and was SCREAMING at 8. It took 15 mins of us doing everything we could possibly think of before she stopped. She looked so scared. I checked her temp (97.8) and gave Tylenol just in case something was hurting but my gut says she was scared.
Evidently achieving new milestones (verbally here - like 5 new words this last week) can bring on nightmares/terrors. And DH tells me he had them as a kid. Yuck!
Anyone have any experience with this?

:( So sad!! I think this is similar to what has been happening to Lids lately but I'm not sure. A few times she has woken up just SCREAMING but she isn't really awake and she just goes back to proper sleep / stops screaming all of a sudden on her own. Not sure if that is similar or something else but it scares me.. then I realize she is just fine and actually not even really awake. Poor kiddos. I have heard that night terrors are hereditary though so if your husband had them.. it makes sense. DH and I didn't but my mum said she had them and really badly!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry. I can't imagine having to soothe her through that. Por thing. Thanks so much for the teething advice :)
ReplyDelete