Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Anemic

Has anyone else dealt with their 1 year old testing low on iron? Hgb of 9.6 and we started her on iron supplementation today. Just wondering what dose and when you had to follow up? Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I cannot offer any assistance. I was always paranoid that bebe wasn't getting the right nutrients from my breastmilk since I was on the elimination diet, so I always (and still do ) feed him baby cereal to make sure he gets the full iron daily supplement. He tested fine at his 1 year old bloodtest. I am sure it is no biggie since they caught it. He is not 16 months, and we still give him 4-6 tablespoons of fortified cereal before bedtime. Because I am paranoid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I wish my ped would've mentioned the need for iron at her 6 month! I would've been pushing the cereal more :)

      Delete