Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

13+ months

Life is good here.  Little update for myself more than anything:

-Pipsqueak is sleeping 7pm-5am straight almost every night (I'd love to have her sleep later but I can't argue with 10 hours straight!).

- Still nursing - 2-6 times a day depending on what's going on.  Some days I love that I am still breast-feeding and other days I feel done.  So far so good, I don't see us completely stopping anytime soon.

-She is eating solid food 4-5 times a day.  She LOVES squeezable pouches of fruits and veggies, not such a big fan of fresh produce.  I bought some reusable pouches to make some homemade purees - I hope she likes them!  She also loves yogurt, hummus, cheerios, deli ham, teddy grahams, cheese, shredded beef, sweet potatoes, puffs and bites of whatever Mommy and Daddy are having.

- She is taking her iron like a champ.  We make sure to brush her teeth right after (it can stain teeth brown) and she can't have milk 30 mis before and after.

-She says the following words consistently - kitty, mama, dada, again, and her first sentence - "BYE BYE DADA!" accompanied with waving both hands.  She says it all day long LOL.

-She RUNS - started walking at 9.5 months and seems to be very ahead with physical development.  This makes me inordinately proud.  I know I have nothing to do with it.

-I have debated swimming or gymnastics lessons but haven't started either.  We have become regulars at the weekly baby (9-18 month) read-in at the local library.  Just recently she has started sitting through entire books and bringing me books to read.  I am so excited - I love reading and really want her to love it as well.

Having a toddler is much more fun than having a baby I think.  Easier and harder in different ways but just more FUN!

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! http://frozenojsconcentratedlife.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running already!? So fun!! :) Alidia and I are the same with nursing right now... well usually still 4 to 6 times but thinking of cutting to 2 but then many days I don't feel like I want to or that she is ready. We're just going with the flow as well. Alidia loves her reusable pouches... hope Pipsqueak does too! :)

    ReplyDelete