Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gonna try naturally (any bets?)

So we got the results of DH's new semen analysis. The voicemail from the RE's office was actually really annoying. "So things have improved but you will still need ICSI...yada yada yada...things are a little better but IVF is still necessary..." Like don't forget you still need us! I'm so grateful for their help in Pipsqueak's conception, and I appreciate that giving out false hope is potentially devastating but it jut felt like a hard sell. BUT good news is things have improved (albeit slightly):
6 million per ml
Motility 36%
6.5 total motile count
Viscosity high
Morphology 0

His best ever count was like 5.2 mil/ml (but usually around 4 mil/ml) and best motility ever was like 20% (but usually lower - around 10%).

I know low end normal count is 15 million / mil. I also know that it is supposed to take a minimum of 20 million motile sperm to get at least a few to the egg. But I also know he has swimmers and I have eggs. And since we can't do IVF until we wean anyway (which may take longer than I realize) we figure we may as well try naturally for 6-9 months. I'm ordering DH fertile aid vitamins (after all my research it does seem like that is the best overall vitamin/supplement for sperm health - any other thoughts?), I'm ordering myself some ovulation sticks (not going to be obsessive - but I am curious about my ovulation since I'm still breast feeding) and we are gonna get DH back to the urologist to discuss possible clomid for him. We were hesitant to try it before - mostly because I didn't want to delay treatment while my eggs got older and older - but now since we already have been blessed we figure why not?

Here we go....

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from ICLW! Glad to see your results have improved, if only slightly. I've heard really good things about the fertile aid so hopefully they improve even more! Good luck over these next few cycles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I tried to comment on your blog but it was restricted. Good luck this cycle!!!

      Delete
  2. Good luck Marianne and DH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best! I think it will be good for you even just so you are aware of your new normal in terms of ovulation! Have fun, and enjoy the trying. I am still waiting for af to return but once she does I am eager to find my new normal so we can start to think about our future "tryings"...Hoping 2013 is fruitful for both of us!

    ReplyDelete