Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Preliminary information gathering

We are in the preliminary stages of talking about when we may try IVF again. First we both obviously want to get retested and make sure nothing has gotten worse. Hopefully hubby still has a few swimmers and hopefully my FSH didn't go up...it was randomly high during our IVF cycle, like 11.7 or something. It really stressed me out but then we got 19 eggs retrieved so who knows.

Question - how long after weaning should I wait to a.) get my hormone levels rechecked and b.) start IVF again?

We plan on weaning after her first birthday, so Januaryish. I kinda would like to jump back in and try IVF in March but hubby thinks that is too soon and I guess I concur. We are planning a Disneyworld vacay with family in April so maybe after that, June/July.

Good God it makes me nervous even thinking about it. In my heart of hearts I don't think it will work (I didn't the first time either). But somehow not trying doesn't feel right. If we try and fail then we at least gave it a go.

3 comments:

  1. We weaned in November. My RE said to come in on CD1 of the 2nd AF after I was done. We started BCPs in February, and then transfer was March 6. How exciting!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you whenever you decide to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heck No! There is NO way that I am ever doing this again!

    I am super in awe of you amazing mamas who are already making plans for the next round. I have another friend with a babe the same age as ours who has already started testing and planning for round two. She isn't bf so I'm not sure how that might affect timing. She is worried about her egg quality deteriorating and also concerned that it might take a few tries and doesn't want to waste any time.

    Don't get me wrong, I am shocked that I have these strong reactions, but this transition to motherhood has been SO FREAKIN HARD. Things are getting better, but I seriously cannot imagine doing it again. and whereas we had such high hopes for twins the first time around, i am TERRIFIED that we'd end up with multiples if we did a second round.

    Hubby is positive that I will change my mind, and he might be right, but it takes my breath away to think about going thu the 'infant' time again. Oh Heck No!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete