Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

June already?

Seriously where has the time went?? Although some of the days are long the weeks and months fly by!

Pipsqueak is almost 6 months old. We are still exclusively breast feeding and it's going very well! Looking back I really think that any 'nipple confusion' we encountered was actually the reflux rearing it's ugly head. A couple days ago we tried rice cereal just once...she still exhibited the tongue thrust reflex and ended up spitting most of it out. That evening she was then extremely fussy so I've decided to wait a couple of more weeks before trying again. My pediatrician said we MUST start solids before 7 months. Why is this, does anyone know? Mayim Bialik (sp? The Blossom actress and attachment parenting advocate) stated that she didn't start solids until one year. I am not saying I want to wait that long I am just trying to read my baby's cues and don't want to rush things. I am extremely interested in baby led weaning but am also intimidated. Any thoughts?

We are still co-sleeping at night, now exclusively. She usually sleeps anywhere from 4-7 hours straight for the first stretch then usually 3-4 hours.

Naps are a struggle. Well not a struggle at all when I embrace the attachment parenting side of me and hold her while she naps. In fact that's what I'm doing right now! She is in nursing position on the boppy with a pacifier and sound asleep. I could lay her down and she will stay asleep but she naps so much less longer when alone. And over tired baby = major crabbiness in the evenings!!! So usually I just read blogs, cruise Facebook and play games on my iPhone while she naps. I think my in-laws think I'm crazy. I figure she will only be this small for a little while so I'm going to enjoy the snuggle time while I can.

She plays independently with her Johnny Jump Up, excersaucer and play mat for anywhere from 10-30 minutes-that's when I get housework done.

Reflux seems MUCH better!!! To recap she started out on Zantac, then Axid, then Prilosec...a few weeks ago the pharmacy called and said Prilosec is unavailable for awhile...so we were switched to Nexium which seems to be helping a lot!! Yay!!!!!!

So life is good. This blog is becoming horribly boring I know. I will always keep it up because if we ever ttc again I will definitely need a place to communicate. Also I know when I was going through everything to get here I read through so many blogs to educate me so maybe someone can learn something from my story.

Have a great summer everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, 6 months already! Wow, time does fly by! Can we see some pictures of your little one?
    Let us know how it goes with the introduction of solids, I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... time flies :) Wonderful to hear your news... I like the idea of baby-led weaning and think the idea of starting solids is to help prevent allergies/sensitives. Hope you find the answers you want xoxo

    ReplyDelete