Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

7 weeks

 As of 7 weeks she is:

  • sleeping 3-4.5 hours at a time at night consistently while in bed with us (less if in her bassinet).  We go upstairs about 10pm, have a bottle and go to sleep.  She then awakens around 2-3am for a bottle and diaper change, and then up again around 6 or 6:30.  We then head downstairs where she naps pretty much until about 10am.
  • eating almost exclusively from a bottle (I am pumping, maybe we introduced the bottle too early bc I think we are dealing with nipple confusion. Since I go back to work in 3 weeks it is more important at this point for her to have bottle skills so we may be saying goodbye to the breast completely :( )
  • smiling consciously at objects and just starting to laugh!
  • still grunting and growling all the time!  Sounds like a piggy :)
  • still getting the hiccups a few times a day
  • just starting to dislike bath time - she used to love it!
  • wearing size 1 diapers (outgrew newborn last week)
  • just starting to outgrow her newborn clothes - SO SAD!
  • at 5 w 6 d she weighed 8lbs 10 oz which is the 20th percentile but 70th percentile when accounting for her prematurity
  • still a redhead :)
  • napping in her bassinet by herself ( I so love just letting her nap on my chest that I was afraid she wouldn't ever learn to sleep by herself so this week I have made a conscious effort to give her some solo sleep time.  She is taking 2 naps of approx 45mins-1.5 hrs in her bassinet daily, then several naps in our arms or in her swing.)
  • We took our first walks in her stroller this week - it has been in the 60s here!
Hope all is well with everyone.  I read blogs daily but can't always comment because I often have my hands full.  I am rooting for you all.  xoxo

2 comments: