Was a major disappointment. We waited over 45 minutes to be taken back for a 3 minute appt. I peed in a cup, was weighed, she listened to the heartbeat, she asked us if we had any questions and badda boom badda bing we were ushered out. We went ahead and made our appts through 30 weeks and I am glad to say the way my schedule worked out the next 2 appts are with the nurse practitioner, then one appt with my OB, then an appt with a different OB in the practice. The doc we saw today is my regular obgyn who is usually awesome - I don't know what was up today.
I thought I'd fill out a what's going on this week thing for posterity - feel free to skip!!!
How far along? 12 weeks
How is Mommy feeling? Nauseated at some point every day but nowhere near as severe as it was. My energy level is coming back up. I have noticed that every week that passes my anxiety level gets lower and lower...which is a relief!!
How is Daddy feeling? Boy that's a toughie. He is excited...he has told just about every single person he's ever met about the baby. BUT we are kinda having trouble adjusting to this pregnant wife/expectant father situation. I am MUCH whinier/bitchier than either of us ever thought I would be. I have wanted to be pregnant for so long that I thought it would be like winning the lottery - I would be happy and blissed out all the time. In reality I spend moments in sheer awe and wonderment but find myself hormonal and edgy quite often. SO DH is obviously not liking that. In my defense he did leave the toilet seat up for the bazillionith time today which made me go off like a madwoman. We had a good talk today that I think should help.
Total weight gain? I am down a half pound since starting IVF. Go me! Since I started this process about 30 pounds overweight I am relieved that I haven't already blown up like a whale.
Symptoms? Tired easily, sore nipples (boobs aren't really sore anymore), leukorrhea, constipation, gas, left hip pain (?), trouble sleeping, nausea, severely chapped lips (?) and dark veins all over my chest.
The belly? Just starting to look like a baby might be hiding in there instead of just chub. The bottom of my abdomen is firm and I LOVE placing my hand there.
Boobies? Bigger, sensitive nipples, when I squeeze my nipples I get a clear discharge out of them (?), and dark veins.
What I miss? Waking up and just doing what needs to be done or what I want to do and not having to worry about whether it's gonna be a day where I feel awful. BUT I know it's worth it.
Big news this week? DH has finally agreed that we can find out the gender!! Unfortunately my next u/s isn't until 20 weeks!!!!!!!
I thought I'd fill out a what's going on this week thing for posterity - feel free to skip!!!
How far along? 12 weeks
How is Mommy feeling? Nauseated at some point every day but nowhere near as severe as it was. My energy level is coming back up. I have noticed that every week that passes my anxiety level gets lower and lower...which is a relief!!
How is Daddy feeling? Boy that's a toughie. He is excited...he has told just about every single person he's ever met about the baby. BUT we are kinda having trouble adjusting to this pregnant wife/expectant father situation. I am MUCH whinier/bitchier than either of us ever thought I would be. I have wanted to be pregnant for so long that I thought it would be like winning the lottery - I would be happy and blissed out all the time. In reality I spend moments in sheer awe and wonderment but find myself hormonal and edgy quite often. SO DH is obviously not liking that. In my defense he did leave the toilet seat up for the bazillionith time today which made me go off like a madwoman. We had a good talk today that I think should help.
Total weight gain? I am down a half pound since starting IVF. Go me! Since I started this process about 30 pounds overweight I am relieved that I haven't already blown up like a whale.
Symptoms? Tired easily, sore nipples (boobs aren't really sore anymore), leukorrhea, constipation, gas, left hip pain (?), trouble sleeping, nausea, severely chapped lips (?) and dark veins all over my chest.
The belly? Just starting to look like a baby might be hiding in there instead of just chub. The bottom of my abdomen is firm and I LOVE placing my hand there.
Boobies? Bigger, sensitive nipples, when I squeeze my nipples I get a clear discharge out of them (?), and dark veins.
What I miss? Waking up and just doing what needs to be done or what I want to do and not having to worry about whether it's gonna be a day where I feel awful. BUT I know it's worth it.
Big news this week? DH has finally agreed that we can find out the gender!! Unfortunately my next u/s isn't until 20 weeks!!!!!!!

Haha, yes...after all those ultrasounds during my IVF cycles, OB appointments were big time letdowns. Glad to hear the baby is doing well. And...welcome to the confusing world of pregnancy/parenting after IF. You want to be happy all the time (and you are!!!) but some days are harder than others...and you feel guilty about it, but don't -- just handle each day the best way you know how. Just because we went through IF doesn't mean we have to always grin and bear it! Good job, momma. You're doing great!!!
ReplyDeleteI think you and the hubby will adjust to the hormones. and then you can look forward to that crazy hormone withdrawal after you have the baby! lol that should be a doozy!
ReplyDeleteOn another note...why are you going around squeezing your nipples! LOL cut that out. hahahahaha! Pretty soon you'll be able to squirt milk at your husband.
a happy healthy pregnancy to you! Enjoy.
I'm glad to hear everything is going well. The severe bitchiness should let up some in the next few weeks. Mine did. (At least, that's what Jeff said)
ReplyDeleteNot getting an ultrasound is such a let down! I can so relate to the whiny/bitchy aspect... ecstatic to be pregnant but having trouble being a "positive pollyanna" in the hormone-filled state! I'm the happiest and moodiest I've ever been at the same time!
ReplyDeleteUgh, I'm sorry about the waiting, but most of my ob visits are like that too. Pee in a cup, get weighed, blood pressure, sit on the table for a bit, ask questions, stomach gets measured, heart beat, good bye. I guess it's a good thing and means nothing is wrong ;)
ReplyDelete