I love Sundays, don't you? Caught up on laundry, lasagna in the crockpot, dishes done, clean sheets on the bed...now to relax with my DVR list. Heaven!
I've mentioned how I work with several pregnant women (7 actually!). One of them has had a miscarriage, other than that I believed that the others were super fertile. Well I was wrong! A woman I don't know very well but have worked with for a few years came up to me yesterday and asked me if I would like her copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". I was taken aback! I had heard that she had gotten pregnant 'by accident'. She went on to tell me that she had 3 miscarriages and was SURE that she would never have a baby. I was really touched that she thought of me...and it really made me want to stop hating most pregnant women I see. I guess it's not always obvious when a pregnant woman is actually an infertile in hiding.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Is anyone else as excited for Fall as I am?

I feel like we should have some sort of secret signal to alert others we have been through infertility. I would love to feel hopeful when I see pregnant women who've conceived after IF, rather than seeing a round belly and automatically wanting to cry.
ReplyDeleteI agree - it sucks that all the ribbons are taken! :-) I'm pg now after two back to back losses and I wish I had a ribbon or bracelet or pin or something to show that I no longer have that pregnancy innocence and to please not hate me because I was just where you were eight short months ago and the memories will never fade.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I'm here from Stirrup Queens 11/11 post and I too hope that by 11/11/11 you are way super extra pregnant!! :-)