Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2015

31+4

Yesterday at 31+4 I had a checkup.  I reported the following "concerns" to my dr: increased swelling in feet, ankles and fingers (mild, but new), blood pressures rising (still ok, but went from 120/80s to 130/88 ish), loose stools, two painful lumps in my left armpit, and more frequent and panful Braxton Hicks contractions.

My dr listened to these concerns, and ordered a urine dip for protein (in the USA this is standard, here they only do it when "medically necessary"), a manual blood pressure, a vaginal ultrasound to check cervical length, and a visit to his colleague - an Oncological Gynecologist.

Urine dip was negative, blood pressure was 130/80, cervix measured long and closed - 3.35 cm (he said "I love your cervix"), and the Gyn I saw did a detailed ultrasound of my armpits and breasts and declared them completely healthy, with some folliculitis from shaving.  I am to not shave or use any deodorant/antiperspirant for 1 week (Oh joy since it's 105 degrees and humid today) and have a follow-up scan with her next week.

Next my dr did a growth ultrasound on the babies.  He declared them completely normal, but I am worried.  Baby A's estimated weight is 3.84 lbs and Baby B's estimated weight is 5.39 lbs.  Since they are fraternal my dr isn't concerned.  From my research (google) it seems Baby A is right at the 50% for twins, Baby B is huge!  I hope everything is ok.  I texted my dr after I came home and voiced my concerns again, and he said when he sees me next week he will do a doppler study of the umbilical cords if it will make me feel better.  Why yes it will, thank you.

So weekly appointments now, wow.  I have been reading a lot of twin blogs lately, especially "twins after IVF", and so many of them seem to deliver around 31-32 weeks.  Crazy.  Many also make it to much later, and I am determined to as well!!!  At this point with P I was on bedrest and feeling awful.  So weird how different this pregnancy is.

Hospital bags are packed, baby clothes are all washed, newborn sensitive diapers and wipes are purchased, breast pump supplies, bottles and pacifiers are all sterilized, changing stations are set up, rock n plays and bouncy seats are empty and waiting.  Eeeeekkkkk!







6 comments:

  1. Don't worry too much about the differences in weight. My boy/girl twins were born at 35 weeks and 6 days. The girl (A) weighed in at only 4 lbs, 15 oz. Her brother (B) tipped the scales at 6lbs, 1 oz. Neither one spent any time in the NICU and both had totally normal development (even though baby girl came home weighing less than 4.5 lbs!!). You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! It sounds like your doctor is great and is really keeping an eye on things. Keep cooking those babies!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use vodka and lemon on those pits. Should clean away any pit smell. (I don't think the vodka will seep into your system but maybe check with dr).
    Glad to hear that the doctor doesn't seem too concerned. I can't recall if you know the babies sex? Boys tend to be bigger than girls, so maybe that is what is making the difference.
    Hugs to you! Almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'er getting sooo close!!! Glad things are still going well. Baby B sounds a bit big to me too. Glad your OB will check things out next week. Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't put too much stock into u/s weight estimates. My friend was told her baby was going to be 10+ lbs. and she was born at a normal 7 and some change. They say there's a fudge factor of +/- 2 lbs., right? How's your BP now? Thinking of you and hoping for the very best. Won't be long now!!!!

    ReplyDelete