Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2015

31 weeks

Tomorrow is 31 weeks!  Yay!  32 weeks was what I had my eyes on from the very first moment we learned we were having twins so it is so relieving to be so close.

Side view 30w5d

Front view 30w5d

P kissing the babies

Still feeling good overall, much better than I thought I would feel at this point.  But I am feeling progressively worse every week.  The skin around my belly button and on the sides of my abdomen are stretched to capacity, it is tight, itchy and feel like they are going to tear.  From here on out the babies gain about a half a pound every week.  So every week another pound of babies will be added to my uterus.  How is this even possible?  I feel like a science experiment. 

I am up 38 lbs.  I gained 40 with P, and since I am measuring 40 weeks now (!) I guess that makes sense!  I started this pregnancy 20 lbs lighter than my first pregnancy though, so that is helping my overall weight.  

Blood pressures are slightly higher than the first and second trimester, but not alarming by any means.  This weeks numbers have been 123/85, 130/87, 128/89.  Not great but not horrible.  30 weeks is when I was diagnosed with PIH last time, and by 31 weeks I was on bedrest with pressures of 170/110, then 200/100, so I will take this!

My wedding rings don't fit anymore, but other than that I have not noticed any swelling, except maybe some trace swelling in my ankles if I was outside too much (100+ degree temps with 50% humidity).  Occasional light heartburn, light nausea, but all manageable.  I think back to how miserable I was last time and I thank my lucky stars that I don't feel that way this time.  It must have been the lead up to the pre-eclampsia that made me so miserable.  There is so much not understood about pre-e, but it is thought to have something to do with placental implantation, so it makes sense that the pregnancy would be "different" from the start.  

I have the babies' (not sure where to place that apostrophe....) hospital bag packed.  Mine/DH's is halfway packed.  We took a hospital tour last weekend, I was very impressed with the facilities but it sure is different than America.  They provide maternity pads, mesh underwear, and diapers.  That is it.  No hospital gown besides the one you deliver in, no infant gowns, no receiving blankets, no pacifiers.  So the packing list is insane.  It's a 4 night stay for a C-section, so I am having to pack like 6 sleepers for each baby, 4 blankets, a few pairs of pjs for me, etc.  Way more than I had to last time.  There are several bags that are going to be lugged into the hospital with me, that's for sure!  Also there is no "regular nursery".  Babies will be in our room 24/7.  Which I like in the sense of establishing breast feeding, but if I deliver before my mom gets here DH won't spend every night at the hospital with me, I will want him home with P.  I don't want her sleeping at my friend's house more than a night or two.  So it will be me, recovering from surgery, with a CNA and 2 newborn babies.  That just sounds awful.  I had planned on the last night at the hospital using the nurses a lot to get some rest, letting them keep the babies except when they were ready to feed.  Ugh.  I'm sure it will be fine but it is just nerve racking.

Best thing that has happened recently is I made a new friend!  Her husband works with mine.  She lives right across the street from me and is pregnant with her first, due 2 weeks before me, so we will probably deliver around the same time!  It's so nice to have a support system here, and by support system I mean someone to text bitchy pregnant and newborn things to. 

Love to all. xxx



4 comments:

  1. Wow! You are getting so close!

    I'm so glad things are still going well and you feel better than the last time. Fingers crossed everything stays normal and you get to keep cooking those babies for a good while yet.

    (Apostrophe was in the right place; it's baby's for the singular, but since the plural babies already has an 's' you place the apostrophe after the s: babies')
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so awesome! So glad you met someone close too! Even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! Good job at growing those babies! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yeah there's definitely two in there ;) looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete