Seriously guys, thanks for the support.
I am feeling just weird. Yesterday I felt pretty good all morning, then was horribly nauseated all afternoon/evening. I took half a unisom for sleep/nausea, and it had the desired effect of knocking me out but my abdominal pain/nausea continued. I kept dreaming about my stomach hurting, then I would wake up in pain. This happened about 10 times overnight. I spent all morning feeling feverish, achy and sick, but didn't have a fever. Right now with tylenol and zofran in my system I feel about 50% better. Ugh. It is so disheartening to google this parasite (and google obsessively I have) and read that symptoms can come and go for 6 weeks. It's been one week and I am DONE.
I was glad to dig up one scholarly article from a few years ago that stated something along the lines of, "There has never been a case of cryptosporidium crossing the placental barrier". My biggest fear was some sort of infection causing preterm delivery or stillbirth, and it seems that isn't a real risk with this. Dehydration/malnutrition are the main risks to a pregnancy, and I am making sure to keep hydrated and am eating.
I made an appt with my GP for tomorrow morning. My fetal medicine guy wanted me to see a GI specialist but I cancelled the appt. I am a nurse, I know there is no cure for this, I already have anti-emetics, I just don't know what they would bring to the table. I am however wanting some repeat bloodwork to make sure my liver/gallbladder are behaving and that I am as hydrated as I hope I am.
I am feeling just weird. Yesterday I felt pretty good all morning, then was horribly nauseated all afternoon/evening. I took half a unisom for sleep/nausea, and it had the desired effect of knocking me out but my abdominal pain/nausea continued. I kept dreaming about my stomach hurting, then I would wake up in pain. This happened about 10 times overnight. I spent all morning feeling feverish, achy and sick, but didn't have a fever. Right now with tylenol and zofran in my system I feel about 50% better. Ugh. It is so disheartening to google this parasite (and google obsessively I have) and read that symptoms can come and go for 6 weeks. It's been one week and I am DONE.
I was glad to dig up one scholarly article from a few years ago that stated something along the lines of, "There has never been a case of cryptosporidium crossing the placental barrier". My biggest fear was some sort of infection causing preterm delivery or stillbirth, and it seems that isn't a real risk with this. Dehydration/malnutrition are the main risks to a pregnancy, and I am making sure to keep hydrated and am eating.
I made an appt with my GP for tomorrow morning. My fetal medicine guy wanted me to see a GI specialist but I cancelled the appt. I am a nurse, I know there is no cure for this, I already have anti-emetics, I just don't know what they would bring to the table. I am however wanting some repeat bloodwork to make sure my liver/gallbladder are behaving and that I am as hydrated as I hope I am.

Silly, but can you hook yourself up to an IV for fluids? I ask ou because my nurse sister used to do this to herself when she was in her 20s after a hard night of drinking. Ha!
ReplyDeleteDiarrhea is the worst!!!!
Hope you start feeling better SOON!
ReplyDelete