Tomorrow I am 13 weeks, can't freaking believe it. This is the fastest pregnancy in history, it's gotta be! If anyone wants the first trimester to fly by just travel around the world and visit family and friends, I've been so busy I haven't had time to obsess!
I feel GREAT! Morning sickness ended at about 10.5/11 weeks.....SUCH a difference from my first pregnancy! I have another stupid cold/sinus infection, but otherwise life is good.
I bought a Doppler and can now differentiate between the two heartbeats. Such a worthwhile investment! I'm taking baby aspirin, multivitamin, extra folic acid, extra Mag/Calcium/Zinc, and a stool softener daily. All done with progesterone as of last week.
The perinatologist I saw a couple of weeks ago said its not a matter of if I get preeclampsia again, it's when. My Bp was 118/88. 88 is way to high of a diastolic for the first trimester. So she suggested the baby aspirin, it's been proven to delay the onset of preeclampsia. I started it at 10.5 weeks.
I have an appt with an OB here in Illinois in a week and a half, I will be outside of the NT scan window so I guess we are skipping that again. Hopefully we will get an u/s though, the scheduling nurse said it would be up to "the discussion between me and the dr". Well I will beg if necessary!
To be honest I can very easily get sucked into negativity : how hard two babies and a 3 year old will be, how hard living away from family will be, etc. But trying to focus on how amazing our family will be with 3 children. Maybe in 3 years :-)
I feel GREAT! Morning sickness ended at about 10.5/11 weeks.....SUCH a difference from my first pregnancy! I have another stupid cold/sinus infection, but otherwise life is good.
I bought a Doppler and can now differentiate between the two heartbeats. Such a worthwhile investment! I'm taking baby aspirin, multivitamin, extra folic acid, extra Mag/Calcium/Zinc, and a stool softener daily. All done with progesterone as of last week.
The perinatologist I saw a couple of weeks ago said its not a matter of if I get preeclampsia again, it's when. My Bp was 118/88. 88 is way to high of a diastolic for the first trimester. So she suggested the baby aspirin, it's been proven to delay the onset of preeclampsia. I started it at 10.5 weeks.
I have an appt with an OB here in Illinois in a week and a half, I will be outside of the NT scan window so I guess we are skipping that again. Hopefully we will get an u/s though, the scheduling nurse said it would be up to "the discussion between me and the dr". Well I will beg if necessary!
To be honest I can very easily get sucked into negativity : how hard two babies and a 3 year old will be, how hard living away from family will be, etc. But trying to focus on how amazing our family will be with 3 children. Maybe in 3 years :-)

So glad you're having such a great trip! What doppler did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking? The pre-e is scary; I'm terrified of developing it myself.
ReplyDeleteReally glad to see your update!
WOW! Time is flying by!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for focusing on the positive. Think of what your dinner table will look like in ten years! Amazing!
xoxo
oh my goodness! I have been out of the blogging circle for WAY too long!!! Congratulations. Sorry this little one has given you some scares, but hoping that its smooth and healthy sailing for you from now on until you are holding your sweet babe in your arms! So, so thrilled for you!
ReplyDelete