Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, May 15, 2015

15 weeks!

Wowzers!!  I again can't believe that I'm already (well tomorrow I will be!) 15 weeks pregnant with twins!

The babies are now the size of an apple, 4 inches long and approx 2-3oz/each.  I feel them move everyday, several times a day.  Feeling movement has always been my favorite thing about pregnancy, hands down.  There are no words to describe it.  I'm so glad I'm a woman, I feel so sorry for my husband who doesn't get this time to bond with the babies.  And of course my heart breaks for those of us who are desperate to experience it and haven't yet been able to, or want to experience it just one more time....

I had an appt with an OB in Illinois this past week.  He was wonderful!  Using the doppler he immediately found both heartbeats, in totally separate locations and differing rates.  One baby was consistently upper 150s, other was consistently lower 140s.  So maybe one boy and one girl?
My blood pressure was 122/80 ROCK ON!  I'm continuing the baby aspirin to ward off pre eclampsia, and a million supplements as recommended by Dr Luke of "Expecting Twins, Triplets and Quads".  My weight is up 13 lbs.  Wow!  With pipsqueak at this point I was down 3 lbs.  Luckily with twins it is recommended to gain 20-25 lbs by 20 weeks.  I think I may get there!!!  My uterus is measuring 4-5 weeks ahead, so I already look 20 weeks!  This is why I was in maternity pants this time starting at 8 weeks :-).  At the end of the appt he asked what else he could do for me, and I said, "Could you PLEASE order an ultrasound?".  And he agreed!  It's been 6 weeks since my last one which for an IVF patient pregnant with twins feels like 6 years.  So he ordered it "to check growth".  I love him!  My u/s is this Monday and my Mom has taken off work to be there!  I can't wait!

I'm still feeling GREAT!  As long as I eat all day long I don't feel sick.  So far no swelling, no exhaustion, very little indigestion.  I'm thinking I should enjoy this while it lasts......

We go back to Dubai right after Memorial Day BOO!!  I'm not ready for a summer of temps in the 120s.   I am excited to start organizing our 2 bedroom apartment and buying baby things...  We are gonna be very cramped but I've always liked being cozy :-).  I just hope once the babies are 6-12 months, somewhere in there, that then 4 year old Pipsqueak will be ok sharing a room with 2 babies....   Until then they will obviously be bunking in with mom and dad.   Does anyone have a recommendation for a good bassinet? I am thinking one that has rocking or vibration would be good because I assume at 2am when I am trying to get 2 babies back to sleep I will use any trick/device/voodoo spell I can to get some sleep.  I read that all the sleep "rules" go right out the window with twins.  That you do what you have to to survive.  Amen to that!

5 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about the rock n play. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had lost track of how much time was flying! I saw too you are 'out' on f/b, which is awesome.

    No assvice with the bassinet- we just put the whole crib in our room so we could keep E. consistent. Our midwives warned us it might not work, because babies often don't like the expanse of the crib, but it was fine.

    What an awesome OB. Make sure to post u/s pics!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet jeebus, three kids in a 2BR apartment? That's insane. Tell me you have a half bath tucked in there somewhere. (I am obsessed with having more than 1 bathroom right now.)

    I'm so glad to hear you're feeling great. Temps in the 120s? I don't envy you one bit. You must be made of hardy stuff.

    Yay for extra u/s! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 2.5 baths! More bathrooms than bedrooms lol! And our master bedroom is huge thank goodness.

      Delete
    2. OMG I am so jelly! I just need one half bath. Just one. Or a port-a-potty in the backyard.

      Delete