Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, June 21, 2013

IVF #2, appt #1 recap

My first appt for this next round of IVF was amazing!!  I really didn't know what to expect - I knew I was meeting with the NP but wasn't really sure what else was going to happen.  Here's a recap:

- She reviewed the charts from my last (obviously successful) cycle. She said I had an "excellent response", "stimulated very well" and "had a wonderful percent of mature eggs after retrieval".  Since this was only 2 years ago and I'm only 32 she thinks I will also have a good response this time.

- She reviewed a calendar with possible dates : as soon as my next cycle starts (should be 1st week of July) I call their office, then go in either CD 2, 3, or 4 for blood work and u/s.  Start bcp and aspirin CD 5 for 2-4 weeks and lupron at some point (length of time depends on their office schedule - they do their egg retrievals grouped together) - then stim for 9-10 days, followed by egg retrieval and transfer.  She estimates the 2nd week of August would be retrieval/transfer.   She assumes I will again be put on menopur and bravelle but that the RE will decide everything based on my updated labs and u/s.

- I was informed that their office has a new embryologist. It made me sad as she was the one who made Pipsqueak!!!
BUT the NP told me since the new embryologist started they are experiencing a very high success rate and almost all patients are ending up with extra embryos to freeze.  She actually held up her arm and showed me her goosebumps, saying, "it just gives me chills how many people are getting pregnant right now.  We don't know what his secret is!".  Love it!

- I told her I was still a little haunted by my fsh of 11 last time. She said it meant absolutely nothing because I obviously made several eggs.  I asked if there was anything she could check to make me feel better so I had an AMH level drawn yesterday.  She said anything above 1.0 is great, anything under 0.19 is very very bad and anything in between is ok but not great.  I've never had one drawn  -  anyone have any insight?

I guess that's it. Nothing more to be done until July.  I had a last hurrah this week - my best friend stayed with us and we drank lots of beer :-).  No more from here on out. And dear god I need start cutting down on caffeine.  I've weaned down but am still having one cup of half caf coffee and 2 diet cokes a day.  Goal is no coffee and 1 diet coke (hard core addict :-). I'm going to continue running and walking and eating well.  (This also fell to the wayside this week!). 

Here goes nothin'!


3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Good luck! Everything sounds really positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! I'm having my VERY first appointment in 9 days time, so it's really awesome to find your blog right now. Especially since you're a bit ahead of me, i can read this and try and understand what i have to come.

    My last hurrah was great, plenty of whiskey :P fun but a little depressing at the same time, no more :(

    I believe in you and your power to not drink coffee! Is tea still on the cards?

    ReplyDelete